[Ext] Opera Wand for Firefox - SecureLogin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
feroxy

Post by feroxy »

There seems to be a bug for me when using passwords that contain the "+" character which results in that login failing when using the extension.

From what I can tell, I think the extension is not properly encoding "+" to %2B for the http request.
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Bug confirmed if you enable the optional "JavaScript protection".

I used escape() instead of encodeURIComponent(), which encodes e.g. '+' as well.
I will fix this in the next version.

I discovered another problem with form data not UTF-8 encoded (as well with "JavaScript protection" option enabled).
As soon as I get this fixed, the new version will be released.

So far, just disabling the option "Activate JavaScript protection on login" helps.
It is only an extra security protection and not needed for functionality.
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

I like this extension, but I would love to features to be implemented:
*) let me configure things so that I can just fill the form with password and user information, but not submit it. This is necessary on many pages where userid/password has to be submitted with other information and also something I would like to do on normal login pages: have the manager fill the form and let me decide if and when to submit it.
*) let me configure to always allow saving and usage of passwords -- I know better if my Firefox is save than those banks.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

add mine to johann_p:s requests: pop up a menu when pressing the button, not a dialog... I'd be a bit easier to select the user:)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

@johann_p:
I will definitely include an option on the settings page to disable submitting the form automatically.
So far you can go the other way round: First fill in the other fields on the form, then log in with Secure Login.

Saving passwords is not part of Secure Login, but done by Firefox internal Password Manager.
But there is no need to implement a feature to always save passwords (even if the website tries to disable this), as this can be done quite easily:
a) By calling a bookmarklet after opening the login page: http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/ ... r_password
b) By using a Greasemonkey script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/588

@DMCrimson:
If you don't mind, I'd rather keep the dialog, as I want to keep the behavior for pressing the toolbar button, the status bar icon or the keyboard shortcut the same. And the Opera Wand feature uses a dialog too.
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

I finished work on the new version, which will include the option to disable submitting the login form automatically and fixes encoding problems when using the "JavaScript protection on login"-option.

I'm currently waiting for some last localizations to be done on babelzilla.org before releasing the new version (0.7.1).
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

@madblueimp: Of course, this was just an idea that came to my mind... I never paid any thought for this extension having three operating modes... my mistake:) Keep on the good work!
PedroVieira

Post by PedroVieira »

Hi, first of all, thanks for this excellent addon. Helps firefox be more "opera friendly".

As most of people, i founded SecureLogin a while ago when i was looking for a opera wand addon for firefox.
So i used keybind addon to map CRTL+ENTER function. After last update, somehow those two addon become "imcopatible", since SecureLogin added a keybind function (After Restart or Open a New Window). Anyway, it is working again after i removed keybind addon, i´d just like to point this.

BTW, any clue if its possible (and ETA) of other opera wand functions, like complete forms, will be available?
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

By "keybind addon", do you mean the keyconfig addon?
Normally, the keyboard shortcut functionality of Secure Login shouldn't have an impact on using such an extension for other shorctut changes.
I access, remove and update the Secure Login shortcut by using a unique id ('secureLoginShortCut').

Completing forms using the form history is surely a nice thing and I already thought about implementing this.
But with the current version 2 of Firefox, accessing the form history is a bit of a problem:
Like the author of the Form History Manager extension writes, the needed API disappeared.

As far as I know, the Firefox developers wanted to use Places for Firefox 2. This way, accessing the form history would mean to query the Places database. Unfortunately, they already removed some of the old APIs in Firefox 2, e.g. the property "rowCount" for the number of form history entries, but didn't actually include the new API (Places).

So I think we might have to wait for Firefox 3 for a form history managing extension.
And if I'm still in extension development when Firefox 3 gets stable, I'd rather implement an additional extension for this, as password management and form history are stored and accessed differently in Firefox, and I wouldn't be able to support both version 2 and 3 the same way.
PedroVieira

Post by PedroVieira »

Yes, it was that addon.

I also use ImgLikeOpera addon to mime opera similar function.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1672/

[]´s
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Version 0.7.1 released
-------------------------------

Bugfixes:
- Fixed URL-encoding problems when using the "JavaScript protection on login"-option,
Encoding is now done based on document charset

New features:
- Support for internationalized domain names in "JavaScript protection exceptions list"
- Support for login forms without username field (password field only)
- New option to disable submitting the login form automatically
- Added Czech locale - thanks to funTomas at babelzilla.org
- Added Dutch locale - thanks to markh at babelzilla.org
- Added Polish locale - thanks to teo at babelzilla.org
- Added Russian locale - thanks to Modex and Sergeys at babelzilla.org

https://blueimp.net/mozilla/xpi/changelog.txt

@PedroVieira:
Thanks, I didn't know the ImgLikeOpera extension. Extensions like this and Adblock Plus make surfing far better. :)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Mouse gesture:
Using the Mouse Gestures extension, it is possible to use a custom mouse gesture to login with Secure Login.

Concerning the update of addons.mozilla.org:
Although Secure Login had already been listed on addons.mozilla.org it has disappeared.
Well, it didn't really disappear, but currently it can only be found in the so called "Sandbox".
To get there, you have to create an account for addons.mozilla.org, login, click on your mail address, check the box labeled "show sandbox" and save your settings.
I guess it needs some ratings and reviews before it becomes "public" again.
So if you like Secure Login to become public, please take these steps and rate it on the new addons.mozilla.org. :)
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

madblueimp wrote:I guess it needs some ratings and reviews before it becomes "public" again.
So if you like Secure Login to become public, please take these steps and rate it on the new addons.mozilla.org. :)

Done.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

GrailKnight wrote:
madblueimp wrote:I guess it needs some ratings and reviews before it becomes "public" again.

Done.

Ditto
PedroVieira

Post by PedroVieira »

IceDogg wrote:
GrailKnight wrote:

Done.

Ditto

Done!

BTW

Thanks for enable password only sites. My WebSense login page is rocking now!