Mouse buttons

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Lakecottage

Mouse buttons

Post by Lakecottage »

I am new and ignorant and do not mean to insult. Please tell me (in simple language, if possible), how do I get my Intellimouse back and forward buttons (on the mouse itself) to work with this browser? Or, do I have to use the the "buttons" on the screen? Thanks for your help.
cb

Post by cb »

I think this issue was addressed on the old forums. Try searching them for the answer.

If I remember correctly, the gist was: program the back mouse button to be "backspace" as it does the same thing, and for forward you are out of luck (for now).
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Lakecottage

Post by Lakecottage »

Thank you both. Back button is "fixed".
Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

For forward it's : shift+backspace or alt+right arrow but I don't know if it let's you program it in the intellimouse software since I don't have it.
DeepFreeze3

Post by DeepFreeze3 »

Has anybody tried updating the Intellimouse software? I did. It wasn't pretty. I kept getting this weird error message saying that the installer program couldn't read a file in my Temp folder, then the program shut down. I ended up having to get rid of the update & reinstall my previous Intellimouse software to get everything working right again.

This problem doesn't happen with my Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro. It's Back & Forward hot keys work just fine. I either use those, or the virtual buttons Netscape 7.0 has.
ksheka

Post by ksheka »

DeepFreeze3 wrote:Has anybody tried updating the Intellimouse software? I did. It wasn't pretty. I kept getting this weird error message saying that the installer program couldn't read a file in my Temp folder, then the program shut down. I ended up having to get rid of the update & reinstall my previous Intellimouse software to get everything working right again.

Where can you pick up the intellimouse software? I have WinXP, but bought the mouse well before then. Can I make the extra buttons usable in other programs (ie: quake 2 :-) )
DeepFreeze3

Post by DeepFreeze3 »