In the interest of fairness

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
jimfitter
Folder@Home

In the interest of fairness

Post by jimfitter »

I'm a pipefitter by trade. I'm sure some wonder why someone of my background spends so much time in these forums. It's because of what I see happening here.

The Mozilla Project is an important one, as is all open source development. Open source is the salvation of innovation. Innovation that has long stayed stagnant because of corporate greed and government interference.

I feel proud to be a member of this community, and try to do my part in any small way I can.

That is why I made my anger known when people from this forum were attacked in concert by two who's agenda to me, seemed suspect at best.

I responded to these attacks in a Planet Mozilla blog that was blindsiding, berating, and publicly questioning all that I, and my friends(you) do here.

Someone else responded in a like manner. His/her comments were true to point, and completely with merit.

Unfortunately, most of his/her last post was edited out by the blog host. http://burntelectrons.org/index.php?itemid=216

I'm from the US. We believe in free speech. I may be a dumb pipefitter, but I can copy and paste to notepad.

he/she unedited wrote:Lucy -"sherwins - yes, someone could have faked an address, but then it wouldn't have matched my bugmail, and upon checking it out, someone would have been able to discover it was clearly fake and malicious.

I didn't ask for a profile (this time - I have in the past
,"

What planet are you living on here? A total stranger who had Firefox profile trouble and was advised by 'a' Lucy to send their profile for checking to a GMail address - would do just that, they WOULD NOT check your bugmail...they wouldn't know who you were.

This is the Internet and people fake stuff AND users do silly things, like not checking. It is shameful that you pretend not to see and accept this point.

This whole episode could and should have been resolved in full in PMs. Your vindictive disregard of the best interests of Mozilla and MozillaZine by putting your fragile bruised ego before them, to vent in public, has caused enormous embarrassment to Mozilla and MozillaZine and has damaged the good name of both.

The very act of you relentlessly making post after post on this, speaks not of some well-meaning crusader who wishes only to improve things, but of a spiteful revenge attack by a vain, obsessed person. The fact that you hunted around and found a THREE year old thread to criticize, speaks volumes. How do we know Daifne is taking a break, how do we know she has not done something silly, due to all this relentless hounding from you over a minor messageboard incident. Have you checked?

This is not just my view, this is what EVERYONE who has no vested interest in this is thinking. You spend much time telling other people what the should be doing, you should now be considering what you should be doing. You obsessive behaviour since this episode began has been disgraceful and brings shame on Mozilla. The IE and Opera people must be laughing their heads off about this one.

What sort of rigged game is being played around here? Lucy and JesusX/Grey wanted to do all this in public, forever it seemed. Grey gets something he doesn't like the sound of, and writes: "I won't host ad hominem attacks such as the one in this comment. Act like an adult."

Where was the childishness there? I didn't see it. Didn't see much "ad hominem attacks" compared with Grey's first post either.

So what gives? OK in public when you're kicking someone in the head, but when someone answers back it's "I won't host ad hominem attacks such as the one in this comment"? Double dealing rigged hypocrisy plain and simple.

Lucy and him wanted this dragged out in public - they got it. Did I say "they" Now check out his Oct 16 post here - http://burntelectrons.org/category/6 and just look who is calling him at 3 in the morning.

This whole thing stinks, and smells of a setup.
Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened. - Terry Pratchett
kerz
mozillaZine Admin

Post by kerz »

Let's just move on, it's not worth the argument.
flanagan

Post by flanagan »

kerz wrote:Let's just move on, it's not worth the argument.

That's the problem in a nutshell; there is no moving on from this. jimfitter is absolutely right.

This has been a setup from the very beginning. A sabotage job. I had no idea over the years that I was supporting a product written by people of such abysmal character. You will not see me supporting Firefox (or even recommending it) because of that. It's a sad story, damaging to everyone involved, but the more you try to hush it up by locking posts, the more it smacks of collusion.
MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post by MeCasa »

flanagan wrote:] had no idea over the years that I was supporting a product written by people of such abysmal character. You will not see me supporting Firefox (or even recommending it) because of that. It's a sad story, damaging to everyone involved, but the more you try to hush it up by locking posts, the more it smacks of collusion.

Grow up, this has already been blown out of proportion and added insults will not help.

We're all on the same team, let it die.
Sex is dirty only if it's done right .... Live and Let Live .... Rules are Boring and I Don't Like Them
...................................................... MeCasaEsSuCasa ................................................
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

flanagan wrote:the more it smacks of collusion.

Yes, the administrator of this website is colluding with Mozilla and random community members to bring shame upon both them and himself. You people need to go outside and get some fresh air for a couple of years.

- Chris
Amsterdammer

Post by Amsterdammer »

From flames only come off losers, never winners :roll:
old zmanzero

Post by old zmanzero »

MeCasa wrote:...this has already been blown out of proportion and added insults will not help.

We're all on the same team, let it die.

amen.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Can we get on with helping people, rather than bitching at each other.... Please.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

As you would say, I think we're done here. Mind you, I thought that here and here

Frank Lion on March 24 wrote:Now, how about we forget all this nonsense, eh?

Yep, I reckon we're now done here. Time to move on, boys and girls, and rebuild our MozillaZine community. :)

Requesting a lock on this thread now.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
trolly

Post by trolly »

Is it enough to tell that we mods discussed the issue with Lucy internally?
Locking.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.