Thunderbird 2 RC Test Day March 30th 7am - 5pm PDT

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

Thunderbird 2 RC Test Day March 30th 7am - 5pm PDT

Post by mscott »

Thunderbird 2 is at zarro bugs and we'll have official release candidate builds for en-US and l10n by Friday!

Now we need your help to make sure the release is looking good before it becomes Thunderbird 2 final.

Please join us Friday March 30th from 7am-5pm PDT. This is a great way to help the project and to get to know your fellow Thunderbird contributors. Come join us!

More information about the Test Day can be found here:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Current_QA_TestDay

The RC builds will be available in the latest rc directory at:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... candidates

Thanks for your help!

-Team Thunderbird
Last edited by mscott on April 4th, 2007, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
sunnytexas

TB 2.0 RC for Win32's??

Post by sunnytexas »

I noticed that there are no Win32 in main rc folder but are listed in the rc unsigned folder. Is there a reason for this? I installed the TB 2.0 that was in the unsigned folder. So far no problems.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3
Thunderbird version 2.0.0.0 (20070326)
mikeymike

Post by mikeymike »

Will the auto update in TB2B2 offer these new builds?
Tim Searle

Post by Tim Searle »

I've installed TB2 GB-en from the unsigned folder for Win 32. The dictionary is in components\myspell, but all the spell checker windows are blank. In Tool>Options>Composition, the Language window appears to be corrupted, i.e. not high enough.

Other features, on short aquaintance looking good! :)
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

bug 369643 is still very much apparent. It can be reproduced by sending yourself an e-mail with a very large attachment and then deleting it from your inbox or sent folder. If this forces auto-compact to run then at the same time as it is running try to scroll through another message in the preview pane. When auto-compact finishes, the message you were scrolling through jumps back to the top or else the selected message reverts to the message selected when the auto-compact started running.
nth10sd

Re: TB 2.0 RC for Win32's??

Post by nth10sd »

sunnytexas wrote:I noticed that there are no Win32 in main rc folder but are listed in the rc unsigned folder. Is there a reason for this? I installed the TB 2.0 that was in the unsigned folder. So far no problems.

What's the unsigned folder about? I'm sure they will move the files out *after* they are signed or whatever it means.
mscott

Post by mscott »

the windows builds have been signed and have been moved into the rc1 directory along with the rest of the builds.
Thunderbirds are Go!
fswl1234

Post by fswl1234 »

it seems the height of the area that shows attachment file(s) is more than twice the size it used to be, intentionally?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

The windows version of RC1 identifies itself as version 2.0.0.0 (20070326) rather than as a release candidate.

The custom setup installs the netscape talkback extension, it no longer gives you the opportunity to decide if you want it. Installing it as a hidden extension (with no option in setup to omit it) seems pushy. I've deleted it, so far that doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

I had two tags defined. I thought tools -> options -> display ->tags only listed one for a good while. I eventually figured out that the color of the second tag was just barely visible. I had no problems with the color of that tag in drop down menus or in the folder listing. It would be better if it mimic'd the tabs column in the folder listing which doesn't color the tab names.

I thought I had set mailnews.attachments.display.largeView false to keep the height of the attachment normal a couple of weeks ago. I found it set to true. Setting it to false helps, but it still wastes a lot of white space. Grabbing the grippy and trying to make it smaller just hides it.

I disabled each accounts junk mail controls and options doesn't have it enabled, yet the tools menu still has "run junk mail controls on folder" and "delete mail marked as junk in folder".

I selected "digitally sign this message" when composing a message despite not having configured S/MIME or Enigmail. tools -> error console reported:

Error: sMsgComposeService is not defined
Source File: chrome://messenger/content/messengercompose/MsgComposeCommands.js
Line: 1064

Thats not a user-friendly error message. If I had looked at it much afterwards I would have had no clue what it was about, even if I clicked on the link. Error console seems to replace javascript console, but if I do the same thing with 1.5.0.10 I don't get an error in the javascript console.

Thunderbird.exe is digitally signed. I haven't seen this in other builds/versions. When I selected the digital signatures tab in the files properties, Mozilla Corporation, and then Details my firewall asked permission for explorer to access the internet. The signing date is several days after the release date. If I do the same thing with Firefox 2.0.3 it doesn't access the Internet and the signing date seems kosher. My first reaction is that I can't trust Thunderbirds digital signature, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of it.

I noticed the length of the filename displayed for an attachment changed from the last nightly build. It would display 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890.pdf as 12345....pdf while 2.0 displays it as 1234567890...67890.pdf and 1.5.0.10 displays 12345678901...4567890.pdf . I'm using the default settings, my userChrome.css doesn't have a .attachmentBox entry to change the length
fswl1234

Post by fswl1234 »

tried mailnews.attachments.display.largeView false, somehow don't notice any difference
toliscsd

Post by toliscsd »

redhat71 wrote:tried mailnews.attachments.display.largeView false, somehow don't notice any difference

You should restart thunderbird.
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

Still getting bug 324375 where the unread counter in one of my POP inboxes sometimes shows the incorrect unread count until the inbox is selected, when the counter corrects itself.

[edit]Correct the bug number[/edit]
mscott

Post by mscott »

tanstaafl wrote:The windows version of RC1 identifies itself as version 2.0.0.0 (20070326) rather than as a release candidate.

That's correct. If there are no problems with the RC, it is the final release. We don't respin the bits again. The RCs always identify themselves as the final version because they just might be :).

Thunderbird.exe is digitally signed. I haven't seen this in other builds/versions. When I selected the digital signatures tab in the files properties, Mozilla Corporation, and then Details my firewall asked permission for explorer to access the internet. The signing date is several days after the release date. If I do the same thing with Firefox 2.0.3 it doesn't access the Internet and the signing date seems kosher. My first reaction is that I can't trust Thunderbirds digital signature, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of it.

That's correct. The binaries of full fledge release builds are now digitally signed as part of the Vista integration work. This is the first release we've had where we support vista. There's nothing in the release process that says the binaries get signed the day we make them. In fact there's usually several days worth of work that happens from the time we create the binary and the time that it's ready to be signed. Probably not the answer you were looking for....:)
Thunderbirds are Go!
fswl1234

Post by fswl1234 »

toliscsd wrote:
redhat71 wrote:tried mailnews.attachments.display.largeView false, somehow don't notice any difference

You should restart thunderbird.

i did...
W2SQ

Post by W2SQ »

This bug still exists (and has been around forever): Sometimes when I delete a message from inbox, and there are other unread messages below it in the message list, the unread message immediately following the deleted one disappears from view (the message isn't deleted, just its appearance in the message list). It comes back if I visit another folder and return to inbox, or if I use the "view" pulldown to view only unread messages.

The problem is intermittent, but occurs frequently.

I'm using IMAP (MS Exchange server), win32 TB.
Phil Johnson