Don't understand why website quit working?

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
gadabout3

Don't understand why website quit working?

Post by gadabout3 »

I have a problem with a website that for some reason no longer works properly from my home computer using Firefox or IE. I have checked it from another computer/location and all works as normal, so it would have to be something with my computer, right? Am using XP

http://www.meevee.com/myguide.aspx

Can someone please get me started in the right direction to figure out and correct the problem?

Thank you!
steviex

Post by steviex »

Try this for starters... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites

Also read
Guide to Possible Firewall problems .. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls (If it affects both browsers it could be this)
Standard Troubleshooting guide ... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox

Also moving to Firefox Support....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
gadabout3

Post by gadabout3 »

I'm sorry if I'm not expaining this correctly. The website will load, but the full functionality is not there in either Firefox or IE on my home computer. This site is supposed to have and did have until a few days ago, an interactive TV listing function. In IE I find "Done but with errors on page" with the following information on this error:

Line:1457
Char:265
Error:Object required
Code:0

In Firefox under Page Info - Links, many items are marked javascript:void (0)

Can you tell from any of this what might be my problem? Sorry to be so computer illiterate in this!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Do you have the NoScript extension installed?
Do you have JavaScript enabled in Firefox? (Tools->Options->Content tab)
gadabout3

Post by gadabout3 »

No, I do not have NoScript extension installed
Yes, JavaScript is enabled
vl

Post by vl »

gadabout3 wrote:In Firefox under Page Info - Links, many items are marked javascript:void (0)

I have the same thing here in my Firefox browser, but the interactive TV listing function loads fine, so I don't think that's the problem.

Does the page load correctly in safe mode?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072518 Firefox/2.0.0.6
gadabout3

Post by gadabout3 »

I haven't tried safe mode. The interactive function is not working with IE either.
gadabout3

Post by gadabout3 »

I just tried safe mode (first time I've ever done this) and there are no changes - page does not have the interactive TV listing function. I just used the Continue in safe mode option and did not check off any changes. Was I supposed to go through all these options? I have made no changes to Firefox for quite some time except for the automatic updates 1.5.0.11
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Since you are having this issue with Internet Explorer as well, it's not a Firefox only problem. I think it would be best to move you back to MozillaZine Tech.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
vl

Post by vl »

No, but since it doesn't work in safe mode, try creating a new profile to see if the problem goes away.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072518 Firefox/2.0.0.6
steviex

Post by steviex »

^^ Fair enough ... Borderline case :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

:-) I just felt that doing Safe Mode, creating a new profile, etc. was not going to fix the problem, as the same thing happens in IE too. It looks like it is more of a computer setting. Though, I don't know what setting. :-)
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
gadabout3

Post by gadabout3 »

Well, I just disabled ZA Internet Suite and Meevee.com works normally. Now to figure out how to change settings to allow this site to work while ZA is enabled. Any suggestions certainly appreciated!
steviex

Post by steviex »

Here's the ZA Knowledge Base Article http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls#ZoneAlarm (check out all the links in the article)