How do i undo firefox as my default browser?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Mr ziggy

Post by Mr ziggy »

I recently downloaded firefox browser on pc and is my browser of preference...Even though this so, i did not make it my default browser..Everytime it asked if i wanted to make it so, i said no..

Then today i find out that it is my default browser and won't work with some sites..I don't know how it became my default browser because i did not set it to be so..How do i undo it?I no longer want firefox to be the defaut browser..how do i undo it? :?: :?: :D
Tony-E

Post by Tony-E »

Open whatever browser you want as default and look through its options/preferences. There will be one to make it the default.

Additionally in Firefox select "Tools > Options > Main" and make sure that "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" is not selected
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Mr ziggy

Post by Mr ziggy »

thank you all for answering my question but, i don't want firefox as my default browser...I want to undo it as my browser of default..How do iundo firefox as my default browser..????
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

You don't undo that setting, you enable another browser as the Default to change that.
http://kb.mozilllazine.org/Default_Browser wrote:All systems

You would normally set a default browser using the the options or preference settings within the web browser. ...
Meaning you open the web browser that you want as the new Default and set that one to be the Default.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
JHawx001

Post by JHawx001 »

you mean you havent found out the start menus default programs tab on vista or the equivalent from xp?

search on the xp:s left, upper bar... theres section wich has windows udate etch. on it... on of those has the selections, wich has "microsoft selection" on it, this changes general preferred pårograms to be microsoft products. It changes default programs to microsoft created ones, likely to use internet exployeder (sarcastic tone), outlook etch...
JN1010

Re: How do i undo firefox as my default browser?

Post by JN1010 »

On IE go to: Tools> internet options> programs> and the resettings for it are right there.
Dartman

Re: How do i undo firefox as my default browser?

Post by Dartman »

Why reply to a thread from 2007?
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.