Latest Flash 9.0.45.0 questions

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Mark25

Latest Flash 9.0.45.0 questions

Post by Mark25 »

The latest Flash 9.0.45.0 version got installed automatically in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash instead of the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins...so I copied the NPSWF32.dll to the FireFox plugins folder......now, how about all those files in the Flash folder (C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash)?, namely:

flashplayer.xpt
install.log
KB923789.inf
NPSWF32.dll (I only copied this file, right?)
NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
uninstall_plugin.exe

Thanks.
zero_ant

Post by zero_ant »

If you can view flash objects fine, then you don't need to copy other files. Though I have that NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe file in my plugins folder, but I don't think it's needed.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Firefox can find the Flash plugin via a registry scan, so if you see the plugin on the <i>about:plugins</i> page then Flash is installed ok.
You can access that page via the url bar.

Identifying_installed_plugins_(KB)
Plugin_scanning_(KB)
Mark25_1

Post by Mark25_1 »

Thanks zero_ant, dickvl!

Ok, I finally got my problems solved:-)! ....well the source of my "latest Flash" problems were from my user.js file, I had both:

// get rid of Scan for Plugins;
user_pref("plugin.scan.plid.all", false);

// get rid of the plugins needed alert;
user_pref("plugin.default_plugin_disabled", false);

and even after deleting "user_pref("plugin.scan.plid.all", false);" from user.js I still couldn't get my "Flash" to work and this is due to prefs.js still have the "plugin.scan.plid.all", false" and I had to go into about:config to reset "plugin.scan.plid.all", false" to "plugin.scan.plid.all", true" and wala....I got my Flash working (even after deleting NPSWF32.dll from the FireFox pluguns folder), and this is due to "I guess" FireFox is now set to scan for all plugins including the one in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash!

I hope the above will also help those with similar "Flash" problems.

I never like "Flash" and how many people knew that you could ONLY set your Privacy/Security settings thru http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger02.html

If not for a few car manufactures web sites...I'll have nothing to do with Flash!!! Java/Flash/Shockwave....what on earth are we heading into...yet we are blaming others for our privacy/security issues!