Thunderbird 2.0 Install Issue

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
johnake

Thunderbird 2.0 Install Issue

Post by johnake »

Hello,

I have just downloaded the latest Thunderbird 2.0 installation kit. I have a problem upon installing it. It shows me an error message saying:

"Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nMapiProxy.dll\r\n\r\nClick retry to try again, or \r\nCancel to stop the installation"

If someone could help me... 10x in advance....
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Thunderbird Builds where the test builds are discussed.
mscott

Post by mscott »

johnake, try re-starting your OS and then re-installing. This error usually happens when some other application has started Thunderbird so the mapi dll is 'in use' and we can't install a new version of the file.
Thunderbirds are Go!
sbowness

Post by sbowness »

I have the same problem. Restarting didn't work and I had to use System Restore to get TBird working again. I now also have an ugly large grey box at the bottom of the window.

Any tips?
Amsterdammer

Post by Amsterdammer »

^
This sounds like defect extension/theme (add-on), try safe mode
sbowness

Post by sbowness »

Same problem in safe mode.
hayden.ferriby

Post by hayden.ferriby »

I am having the same problem. Have tried removing all Add-ons, stopping Windows automatically loading TB on start-up but nothing seems to be solving it.

The only way to recover TB is the same as sbowness - system restore and I have the same grey box added to the bottom of the window.

Has anyone got any other suggestions?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I think this might be related to something we in the forums saw during the update to 1.5.0.10. If you have a Logitech webcam, disable the software before you try to install. It seems that the Logitech software is grabbing one of Thunderbird's files and using it. I cannot confirm this myself since I don't have one, but someone in Support just found this worked as well.

mscott, please look into this. I asked some of the affected users to post a Bugzilla report, but I'm not sure if they did.
hayden.ferriby

Post by hayden.ferriby »

Spot on. As soon as I closed the Logitech software the install went through very easily.

Thanks!
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Interesting. I posted in the 2.0 release topic so that mscott will be sure to see it. Since I don't have one myself, I don't want to make a Bugzilla report. I can't give the details. Someone said they would, but I can't find it. Would you please?
hayden.ferriby

Post by hayden.ferriby »

How do I do a report?
emmedi

Post by emmedi »

In the Italian linux version it is not present the directory 'dictionaries'.
frcan

Post by frcan »

Daifne, just for you to know, you have some more Webcam problem mentioned HERE
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

hayden.ferrriby,
You have to register at Bugzilla and then you can post a report. Look for one fist though and if you find one, add to it rather than making another one.
Amsterdammer

Post by Amsterdammer »

Daifne wrote:I think this might be related to something we in the forums saw during the update to 1.5.0.10. If you have a Logitech webcam, disable the software before you try to install. It seems that the Logitech software is grabbing one of Thunderbird's files and using it. I cannot confirm this myself since I don't have one, but someone in Support just found this worked as well.
mscott, please look into this. I asked some of the affected users to post a Bugzilla report, but I'm not sure if they did.

Confirmed for TB 2 (de) on WinXP Pro + logitech webcam
http://www.thunderbird-mail.de/forum/vi ... hp?t=27204