The messages pane is messed up

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
cestode

Post by cestode »

Reboot doesn't help me, nor disabling extensions. I am using the default theme
Cestode
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I don't know if this will work, but try uninstalling, deleting the Mozilla Thunderbird Program directory (in Program Files on Windows) and reboot. Then reinstall 2.0
adgolds12

Solution for me

Post by adgolds12 »

I posted earlier with the Firefox/Thunderbird problem. Restarted, didn't help. Updated Display Adaptor, restarted, no more problems.
_Hiro_

Re: Solution for me

Post by _Hiro_ »

adgolds12 wrote:I posted earlier with the Firefox/Thunderbird problem. Restarted, didn't help. Updated Display Adaptor, restarted, no more problems.

What video card? What drivers were you using before, and what drivers after?
Kaile

Post by Kaile »

Daifne wrote:I don't know if this will work, but try uninstalling, deleting the Mozilla Thunderbird Program directory (in Program Files on Windows) and reboot. Then reinstall 2.0

I tried this just now and restarted after I installed TB 2.0. No luck. I have no extensions or anything besides a standard install.

I see another poster updated their drivers and that fixed the problem. I need the version of drivers I use because of another application I use. Is there a bug for this? Is there a known cause?
My system specs:
Gateway computer
Windows 2000 Pro SP4
Pentium 4 1300
512 MB (PC800 RDRAM)
Intel Tehama i850
nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 M64 - Detonator 45.23 driver

fixed my problem

Post by Guest »

Not sure if this will help, but I had the same problems on my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop and I closed Thunderbird and hibernated my laptop and now the problem is gone.
adgolds12

Post by adgolds12 »

_Hiro_ wrote:
adgolds12 wrote:I posted earlier with the Firefox/Thunderbird problem. Restarted, didn't help. Updated Display Adaptor, restarted, no more problems.

NVIDIA GeForce2 Go, Driver date: 4/7/2004, Driver Version: 5.6.7.3, File Version: 6.14.10.5673,

Not sure what I was using before. Hope that helps.

Re: Yet another user...

Post by Guest »

Both problems are fixed after driver update to nividia driver 5.6.7.3.

Lucky me ;)

Anonymous wrote:Same problem here. Dell Inspiron 8000, Windows XP SP2, GeForce2Go, nvidia driver 4.4.8.2. Happens also with Firefox 2.0 in the Tab titles.

_Hiro_ wrote:I also have this problem.... screenshot <a href="http://www.madapple.net/images/tb2.0.0.0-messagelist.jpg">here</a>.

I upgraded from 1.5.x to 2.0.0.0 this morning and have this issue. Dell Inspiron 8100, Windows 2kSP4, GeForce2Go, nVidia Video Driver 6.14.10.4482.

I occasionally get this in the tab area in Firefox 2 as well, when I mouseover the Toolbar Bookmarks, but it's more intermittent and goes away completely when I click on any tab.
_Hiro_

Post by _Hiro_ »

adgolds12 wrote:
_Hiro_ wrote:

NVIDIA GeForce2 Go, Driver date: 4/7/2004, Driver Version: 5.6.7.3, File Version: 6.14.10.5673,

Not sure what I was using before. Hope that helps.

Where did you find that driver? I downloaded mine off of nVidia's website today...
aouton

Post by aouton »

Well, I just did the same and is working.

Weird thing.

I use display properties , settings tab, advanced button, adapter tab, properties button, driver tab and update driver button. and yes, I have also nvidia driver and was updated.

Thanks to all of you to clarify this issue.

Cheers

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem..... running Windows 2000 SP 4 on a Dell Inspiron 2650 with a GeForce 2 GO. The drivers at the nvidia website don't work for me, but I've downloaded the latest from the website of dell, and still no change.
raisin

Post by raisin »

hp pavillion 760n XPsp2 w/TNT2 m64 and latest drivers.

Same problem.

In addition, sometimes the buttons on the toolbar don't show up and show the graphics of the application that was in front of thunderbird before it got minimized. I tried all the fixes listed and none worked. Looks like I will go back to tb1.5 since there seems to be no fix.
mcarrara

Same issue on Compaq

Post by mcarrara »

I am having the same issue on a Compaq EVO D500sff Win2k all SP and hot fixes. I have a built in NVIDA card. I downloaded the latest driver from HP. Rebooted and everything. It did not solve the problem. Is it possible to un-update (if that is a word)?

Post by Guest »

I'm beginning to think that this (at least for me) is being caused by Java. I have a java program that runs via javaws. When I run this application, then everything in Thunderbird looks great. But when I close it, then it goes back to being all messed up again. I'm going to try to clear out my java cache and see what that does.

does anyone else have a java app they can run to see if they have the same thing?

Post by Guest »

just reporting back that going to Control Panel and selecting Java, then clearing the java cache seemed to fix the problem.

Does this work for anyone else?