New icons in Thunderbird 2.0

Discuss application theming and theme development.
ogirtd

New icons in Thunderbird 2.0

Post by ogirtd »

Hi,

TB2 is in 2nd beta for a while now, and that's the call for me to wake up and start working on the themes for TB2.
Aside from cosmetic changes and tweaks - what new icons TB2 has? So far I've found:
- Tag and mark toolbar buttons.
- All the new icons in the addons section (same as Fx2).

Anything else I'm missing?
Thanks a lot :)
Reviving abandoned Firefox & Thunderbird themes since 2006.
ogirtd

Post by ogirtd »

Bumping this up, now that Thunderbird is in RC1 stage.
somebody knows of any graphic changes / additions?
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

ogirtd wrote:Bumping this up, now that Thunderbird is in RC1 stage.
somebody knows of any graphic changes / additions?

Final as of yesterday. :)

I believe "Mark" is not new, but "Back" (Go back one message) and "Forward" (Go forward one message) toolbar buttons are new in addition to the "Tag" button you mentioned.
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
frcan

Post by frcan »

I can't remember now if the Headers button is new too 8-[
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Headers button? I have a Headers button, but that was placed there by the View Headers Toggle Button extension.
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

There are two arrows on the folderPaneHeader, but I can't recall if these use existing arrow glyphs or new ones. Is that what you mean, frcan? Regardless, there's CSS to be done to make it work.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
ogirtd

Post by ogirtd »

Lets see:
1. Two arrows on the folderPaneHeader - DONE
2. New add-ons manager (same as Firefox 2) - DONE
3. Tag + back + forward icons - DONE

These are the only changes I've found (icons and CSS). If that's correct, I'll publish my themes right now, but it seems too short list, no?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

There were changes in the dialogs for filter messages and search messages that if you don't include will have the + / - minus look very wrong.

There's a new file for the notification/mail preview: messenger/newmailalert.css and newMailAlertUnix.css.

I really wish I could find the list I made up for someone else to use. It's just disappeared! I know there's more to it than that.

Found it!
  • mozapps\extensions.css to use the new addons manager
  • a slew of changes to messenger\mailWindow1.css to get the "Folder Changer" to look right (View -> Folders, it's the header above the folder pane)
  • added global\findBar.css (ripped straight from default theme, icons may need updating)
  • added the tag button to messenger\primaryToolbar.css
  • added the back and forward buttons to messenger\primaryToolbar.css
  • added messenger\tagColors.css so the tag button would show the colors of the tags when you clicked on it
  • updated messenger\searchDialog.css to use the new search dialog buttons
  • updated messenger\filterDialog.css to use the new search dialog buttons
  • updated global\console\console.css for the changes to the Error Console
  • ripped global\console\console-toolbar.png from the default and used it for the error console
  • copied global\xulscrollbars.css to global\nativescrollbars.css (for the Mac folks)
  • updated global\globalBindings.xml to the current version
  • added global\notification.css (notifications are in the Addons manager to alert you to updates and whatnot)
  • more monkeying in messenger\primaryToolbar.css to get the junk/phishing changes (why is this here? doesn't seem right)
  • added messenger\newmailalert.css (ripped from default and edited for your close button icon location - didn't add messenger\newMailAlertUnix.css)
  • added messenger\virtualFolderListDialog.css (straight from default, seems harmless)
  • added messenger\searchBox.css (straight from default, doesn't look like any edits were required)
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
frcan

Post by frcan »

CatThief wrote:Headers button? I have a Headers button, but that was placed there by the View Headers Toggle Button extension.

I know have a toggle Headers button, without any extensions. I found it by right-clicking the toolbar > Customize. I don't recall having this in the previous version, otherwise I would have used it. It can also be that I didn't see it Image
frcan

Post by frcan »

smsmith wrote:There are two arrows on the folderPaneHeader, but I can't recall if these use existing arrow glyphs or new ones. Is that what you mean, frcan? Regardless, there's CSS to be done to make it work.

I mean a toggle button for View All Headers in a message. To my knowledge, wasn't available before.
[:Aureliano Buendía]

Post by [:Aureliano Buendía] »

Hi ogirtd, you release also "Le Breeze" theme for Thunrderbird 2.0?
"The world was so recent that many things lacked names, and in order to indicate them it was necessary to point."
One Hundred Years Of Solitude
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

^^Hmm, no toggle headers button for me.
ogirtd

Post by ogirtd »

Icaro wrote:Hi ogirtd, you release also "Le Breeze" theme for Thunrderbird 2.0?
That's the plan, yes. Why?
frcan

Post by frcan »

Sorry, my mistake :oops: I do have More Button Plus extension ](*,)
ogirtd

Post by ogirtd »

smsmith, thanks a lot for the detailed list, I'm sure it'll help many themers!