About the Neal Deakin 101 Moz advantages over IE list

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
TechiePundit

About the Neal Deakin 101 Moz advantages over IE list

Post by TechiePundit »

On the XUL PLanet site Neil Deakin has listed 101 advantages of Mozilla over Microsoft Internet Explorer. Go to <A HREF="http://www.xulplanet.com/ndeakin/arts/reasons.html">this link for the full list.</A>.

The list is useful because it pointed out things that Mozilla can do that I was unaware of. Still, I can't figure out how to get some of those features to work.

In particular, I see that one can bookmark the current group of tabs for a particular window. One can go Bookmarks|Bookmark This Group Of Tabs. However, using the 2002110610 build for Win32 the Add Bookmark Okay button is grayed out if the checkbox is set for "Bookmark this group of tabs". If I uncheck it then the Okay button becomes clickable. Why is that?

Also, I don't see how one can open a group of tabs all at once and it sounds like Deakin is saying that that is possible. Anyone know how that is done?
bim

Re: About the Neal Deakin 101 Moz advantages over IE list

Post by bim »

TechiePundit wrote:However, using the 2002110610 build for Win32 the Add Bookmark Okay button is grayed out if the checkbox is set for "Bookmark this group of tabs". If I uncheck it then the Okay button becomes clickable. Why is that?

Assuming it's the same in 2002110808: The Ok-button is grayed out while the "name:" field is empty. If you bookmark a group of tabs, you have to specify a name yourself. If you bookmark one page the name field is automaticly filled and therefore the OK-button can be used. If you then empty it, you'll see the OK-button goes gray again.
TechiePundit

Post by TechiePundit »

Okay, I see that I can save a group of tabs into a bookmark entry. But how to use that group as a group to open up a bunch of tabs for all the URLs in the group? I don't see a way to say "Open this group of bookmarks in a set of tabs" either in the current window or a new window.

It would also be nice to be able to say for a folder "Open all the entries from this folder in a set of tabs". I don't see any way to do that either.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

TechiePundit wrote:Okay, I see that I can save a group of tabs into a bookmark entry. But how to use that group as a group to open up a bunch of tabs for all the URLs in the group? I don't see a way to say "Open this group of bookmarks in a set of tabs" either in the current window or a new window.

Just click the new entry representing the group. This should open all the bookmarks in this group in tabs.

TechiePundit wrote:It would also be nice to be able to say for a folder "Open all the entries from this folder in a set of tabs". I don't see any way to do that either.

That's the way it's implemented in Phoenix. It's not (yet?) possible in Mozilla.
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

TechiePundit wrote:It would also be nice to be able to say for a folder "Open all the entries from this folder in a set of tabs". I don't see any way to do that either.

You can do this with <a href="http://multizilla.mozdev.org">MultiZilla</a>.