Thunderbird 0.4 Release Candidate 2 Now Available (Win32)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

Thunderbird 0.4 Release Candidate 2 Now Available (Win32)

Post by mscott »

Should have OSX and GTK2 builds up Thursday during the day.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... 12-04-0.4/

For those of you building at home, 0.4 has moved to a private branch, THUNDERBIRD_0_4_BRANCH. If you want to build what the Pros are using you should pull this branch :).

New Stuff
-----------

1) Fix for the doubling of messages some POP users were seeing in local folders. Thanks to the folks that helped test this out earlier today.

2) Fix for Bug #226325 --> Trailing stationary caret remnant left after backspace in mail compose editor

3) Changing the window configuration of the 3-pane ruins charset decoding for all subsequent messages loaded in that window. (Note: if a message is displayed while you change the config, then it may not render with the right charset but any future message or a reloading of that message works fine).

4) Encourage outgoing attachments to go out as binary to fix problems where binary attachments were getting encoded as quoted printable (Bug #226927)

5) Find in dialog works again for standalone message window

6) Security button can now be dragged into the customize toolbar dialog in mail compose.

7) Attachments with non-ASCII file names can now be saved correctly

8) Fix for regression installing themes and extensions that briefly appeared in RC1

Known Issues Requiring us to Respin a New Candidate
-------------------------------------

** None Yet **

Right now, no known stoppers that I would respin the bits for.

As always, a huge thanks for your testing help. I appreciate the help and quick feedback everyone provides this forum.

-Scott
Last edited by mscott on December 5th, 2003, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
PerGoetterup

Account Settings broken

Post by PerGoetterup »

The "Account Settings..." -> "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" -> "Advanced" button is broken in both RC1 and RC2 for me... Clicking does nothing. Anyone else seing this?

Also, there is no scrollbar when there's more accounts than what fits into the window. Scrolling down using arrow keys results in the first security tab you pass being frozen onscreen despite the position on the selection bar.

Also I still cannot send mail using this build.

11 IMAP accounts, 5 SMTP servers and they all don't work.
berkut

Re: Account Settings broken

Post by berkut »

PerGoetterup wrote:The "Account Settings..." -> "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" -> "Advanced" button is broken in both RC1 and RC2 for me... Clicking does nothing. Anyone else seing this?

WFM RC1.

also, Tb need a bug like Firebird's http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=171082 bug, I hate downloading 7.5 MBs on dialup :)
Last edited by berkut on December 4th, 2003, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
owilsky

Post by owilsky »

PerGoetterup wrote:The "Account Settings..." -> "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" -> "Advanced" button is broken in both RC1 and RC2 for me... Clicking does nothing. Anyone else seing this?

I have RC1 here, works fine for me.

PerGoetterup wrote:Also, there is no scrollbar when there's more accounts than what fits into the window. Scrolling down using arrow keys results in the first security tab you pass being frozen onscreen despite the position on the selection bar.

Also works fine here.

I have on question: In other mail tools it is possible to quote only text that have been marked before you press the reply button. Is it possible to implement that or is there an extension for this?

Oliver
Oliver
kroxx

Post by kroxx »

Also I still cannot send mail using this build.

11 IMAP accounts, 5 SMTP servers and they all don't work.

WFM - RC2
jschell

Post by jschell »

Scott, I'm doing the french localization of Thunderbird.
I have a problem with some menu entries that can't be localized.
It's in the File menu, Close and Quit are always in english. It was working Ok with 0.3 version. Can this be a problem with a contents.rdf file not up to date?

Jérôme
kroxx

strange new mail notification

Post by kroxx »

I'm experiencing some strange mail notifications: (IMAP) RC2 WIN

If new mail arrives I get the sound/tray info as requested, but if I click on the folder containing the new mail, I get another new mail sound/tray info for that mail. The same goes with sent messages. If I sent 2 messages, IMAP, they are copied in the Sent Items folder. If I click on this folder, I get a "2 new messages" info with sound/tray.

Anyone seeing/confirming this ?

kroxx
uggi

Post by uggi »

I wanted to upgrade my Thunderbird's Smoke theme. First tried to change back to the default one. Restarted TBird. Still in Smoke theme. Tried it again.. nope, I can't get the default theme to work. So I selected the Smoke theme and hit the Uninstall button. Restarted. Still in Smoke theme! Except that now it doesn't appear in the theme llist anymore. So I thought let's try something fun, and deleted the smoke.jar file from my profile/chrome dir and run TBird again. This was the result: :mrgreen:
And the options screen:
Ok I know that deleting chrome.rdf fixes it, and maybe I should create a new profile too when upgrading TBird.. But what about the new / less advanced users? Might be a little confusing for them.
hsaal

0.4 RC2---can't open messages in new window

Post by hsaal »

I can read messages in a pane, but when I try to open a message in a new window using either an explicit cmd, or double-clicking, there is no response. When I exit 0.4 RC2 in this state, the process is left running and must be manually stopped.

Grrrr...
Nevyn

Re: strange new mail notification

Post by Nevyn »

kroxx wrote:I'm experiencing some strange mail notifications: (IMAP) RC2 WIN

If new mail arrives I get the sound/tray info as requested, but if I click on the folder containing the new mail, I get another new mail sound/tray info for that mail. The same goes with sent messages. If I sent 2 messages, IMAP, they are copied in the Sent Items folder. If I click on this folder, I get a "2 new messages" info with sound/tray.

Anyone seeing/confirming this ?

kroxx

I can confirm this but for me this has been happening for a long time not someting new in these RCs.

Steve
berkut

Post by berkut »

This is probably a known issue:
Clicking "download more" languages in Spell Checker produces a window without content (only title bar and buttons)

Also, please make Tb's Source Viewer as functional as Firebird's, things that missing missing right now: Save, print, encoding, perhaps some syntax highlighting, entire View menu; Edit menu on the other hand can be shortened. and "find" in source viewer doesn't work (and so doesn't find as you type).
bluesxman

Post by bluesxman »

uggi wrote:I wanted to upgrade my Thunderbird's Smoke theme. First tried to change back to the default one. Restarted TBird. Still in Smoke theme. Tried it again.. nope, I can't get the default theme to work. So I selected the Smoke theme and hit the Uninstall button. Restarted. Still in Smoke theme! <snip>

There is (was) a problem with the smoke theme. Check this thread for more details:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=37965
MozJF

Re: Thunderbird 0.4 Release Candidate 2 Now Available (Win32

Post by MozJF »

mscott wrote:Should have OSX and GTK2 builds up Thursday during the day.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... 12-04-0.4/

For those of you building at home, 0.4 has moved to a private branch, THUNDERBIRD_0_4_BRANCH. If you want to build what the Pros are using you should pull this branch :).

[...]
-Scott

So trunk build should be tagged soon as 0.5a ?
MozJF
djh

Re: Thunderbird 0.4 Release Candidate 2 Now Available (Win32

Post by djh »

mscott wrote:Should have OSX and GTK2 builds up Thursday during the day.

You'll need to remove the CRLFs from mail/components/prefwindow/content/pref*xul - it breaks the build on Linux.

../../../config/preprocessor.pl:/home/dave/rpmbuild/BUILD/mozilla/mail/components/prefwindow/content/pref-mailnews.xul:46: error evaluating ifdef: not a 'alid variable name: 'XP_WIN

Preprocessing of content/pref-mailnews.xul failed: 1 at ../../../config/make-jars.pl line 413, <STDIN> line 5.
jschell

Post by jschell »

I have put my own builds here :
http://jschell.nerim.net/thunderbird/nightlies

Windows and Linux GTK2 builds.
As usual these are french builds but feel free to use them in english by launching them like that the first time :
thunderbird -contentLocale US -UILocale en-US

I have included Enigmail in these builds.

Jérôme