[Ext] Opera Wand for Firefox - SecureLogin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
eprst

Post by eprst »

Thank you for the great extension! I got addicted, but today I found out that it considerably slows down my browser. Disabling Secure Login makes things approx. 2 times faster.
I'm using FF 2.0.0.3/Linux
Is there any way to tweak it? May be I can somehow exclude some sites from being processed (or, even better, only have some sites in the whitelist)?
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

@eprst:

As far as I can tell, Secure Login shouldn't slow down your browser.
I'm using it on Firefox 2.0.0.3 on Xubuntu Linux everyday, so I'm a long-time tester. ;)
I tested it on Windows in a Virtual machine with low memory requirements and Firefox 1.5 and 3.0 as well and didn't recognize any troubles with system performance.
The routines with which Secure Login searches for valid login data drop out as soon as possible - every aspect of the extension has been implemented with low system resource usage in mind - see for example the 'lazy initialization' approach in the source files.
The whitelist is already implemented - as Secure Login only searches for login fields if the website of a saved site+user+pass combination matches the current website.

If you disable the option "Automatically search for login data and highlight form fields" (new in Version 0.7.2) Secure Login won't be active at all while surfing the web. It will then only activate when logging in.

If your browser is still slowed down there must be something wrong - you should try for example a new Firefox profile.
madblueimp

Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by madblueimp »

From the producers of Secure Login ;) - Autofill Forms:

Autofill Forms contains some functionality which is useful in conjunction with Secure Login:

- e.g. the possibility to "fill out" not only textboxes but as well selections, checkboxes and radio buttons.
One of the provided rules applies to the checkbox used to enable the "Autologin" feature of this forum.

- Together with Autofill Forms it is now possible to use login forms which need more information than user+pass - Autofill Forms gives you the possibility to create your own rules and to constrain them to a specific site.

The Autofill Forms thread:
http://www.firefox-browser.de/forum/vie ... p?p=361825
hamid

Post by hamid »

very good extension.but why don't work with some sits، for instant google services (blogger - gmail and etc)???
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

I do have an account for Google and I can confirm loggin in works with Secure Login.
I even made the screenshots using Secure Login for Google.

Could you explain further what works not?
For example the exact Login-URL for which you saved passwords, your Firefox version, other extensions you use, etc.
hamid

Post by hamid »

I created new profile for firefox and test Secure Login in it and it work good in gmail ، blogger and etc
but don't know why don't work in my basic profile.
thanks
elsuzio

Post by elsuzio »

eprst wrote:Thank you for the great extension! I got addicted, but today I found out that it considerably slows down my browser. Disabling Secure Login makes things approx. 2 times faster.
I'm using FF 2.0.0.3/Linux

It is indeed slower but often unnoticeable. However it is specially evident with a big textarea element with its contents controlled/checked with javascript. For example, with WYSIWYG editors such as Joomla JCE 1.1b.

I haven't looked further into the problem but it seems the extension checks continuously the page even when it's already loaded. To avoid the problem disable the "Automatically search for login data and highlight form fields" and it won't be so cumbersome. Or install a newer version as the alpha builds of Firefox 3.0...

Anyway, it's a great extension.
Lost User 253644

Post by Lost User 253644 »

Thanks for the excellent extension!

I did notice one anomaly. When I open the settings window there is no close window button, only a minimize button. The keyboard shortcut for close window (command + W on the Mac does work). Is this normal? Just thought I'd bring this to your attention. Otherwise SL works great.

Look forward to using your Secure Login extension.

Just discovered them.

By the way I haven't noticed any performance problems at all.

Thanks again.
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

if cmd-w does not work, esc does... or editing the XUL :D
Lost User 253644

DMCrimson wrote:if cmd-w does not work, esc does... or editing the XUL :D

Cmd+w does work. I was just pointing out that there's no close window button.

I have no idea how I would edit the XUL.

Thanks.
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

Hmm, so true--- according to XUL there should be 2 more buttons, OK and Cancel, but they're nowhere to be seen?
Lost User 253644

This is interesting!

If I open the "Settings" window from Tools/SecureLogin or the icon on the progress bar the close window button is blank (there is a button but it is non functional).

If I go to Tools/Add-ons/Extensions/Secure Login/Preferences the close window button is functional.

As I said earlier the plugin works just fine, I am only pointing this out because I thought the dev. might want to know. It's really not a major problem.

Thanks again for a cool and useful add-on.
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

both ways of accessing preferences produce same result for me, non-functioning close-button on settings window...
AndreasNYC

Auto jump to login page & then login?

Post by AndreasNYC »

I think I misread your great FF extension's description/docs thinking that when you type the shortcut keys, it could jump to to the login page stored by FF for the domain of the page you're on and then submit the login or ask you if there were multiple login pages (and/or ids).

So since it doesn't seem to do that .... <i>could you add <b>"jump to site's login page"</b> as a feature request?</i> I think it would make life even easier (while hopefully still safe).

Thanks,
Andreas
ondrey

Post by ondrey »

hi, i found your extension and it is the one bog thing missing in FF. I still have one question, though (of course, otherwise I would just use it and wouldn't bug you;-))
Wand has one more feature that I really like, which is it remembers logins also thru HTTP authentication. that is often used by various webhosters to log in to phpmyadmin. Wand allows me to remember multiple login for that (very useful when i host more domains with the same provider).
Do you think you might perhaps add this feature in the future?
otherwise thanks for this great extension!