Too many icons with TB 2.0

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
random20055

Too many icons with TB 2.0

Post by random20055 »

I have three lines of icons but only the first row works, when I remove the mail toolbar, all icons are gone and when I add it back I have icons galore!

Swami

Post by Swami »

Try switching back to the default theme. It looks like the one you're using isn't compatible with the version of Thunderbird you are using.
random20055

Post by random20055 »

Thanks Swami, I thought of that but normally I get a incompatibility message. The default theme gets rid of all the icons.

Resolved
Swami

Post by Swami »

No problem. I had the same thing happen with my favorite TB theme.
Still waiting for an update from the author. It sometimes takes a while. :)
Amsterdammer

Post by Amsterdammer »

That's the theme nightmare of TB 2 :(

Too many theme author's have set her themes to 2.0.0.*-compatible without checking compatibility to the new icons/features otf TB2: In this case, most popular theme Noia extreme (2.34) is set compatible to 2.0.0.x, but this theme is not compatible to TB2, because it has no icons for mail history "back" and "forwards". this is why u get all icons of a theme at one place :lol:. Take default in the meantime...
see also: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_2 ... ion_issues
If you have unusual toolbars with strange buttons, problems clicking on menu commands, or when you right click on a message and try to copy/move it to a new folder it won't list all of the folders try switching to a new theme. They changed the extension manager again and that causes problems with many themes. Older themes will probably also not show new features such as the "advanced folder views" and "message history navigation", and may not have the tag button in the toolbar. If you check the list of recently updated themes any from March 2007 onward will probably work.