Firefox Won't minimize

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
countrygal919

Firefox Won't minimize

Post by countrygal919 »

I'm having an issue with firefox. I click the minimize button and it will minimize for a millisecond and then pop back open. Its very frustrating and i can't seem to find a way to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
old LoudNoise

Post by old LoudNoise »

Does it happen in safe mode http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
countrygal919

Post by countrygal919 »

Yes it does it in both safe mode and in regular mode.
old LoudNoise

Post by old LoudNoise »

Try this: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf . Note that this will remove any customizations you made.
Countrygal919

Post by Countrygal919 »

Did that but it didn't fix it. The window still opens up immediately after I try to minimize it
sling-shot

Post by sling-shot »

[Countrygal919]
I assume you are using Windows.
Backup your profile (Type %AppData% into Windows Explorer address bar, find the folder called Mozilla Firefox and copy it to someother location.)
Uninstall, restart and reinstall FF.
If the problem gets solved, then make a backup copy of your newly created profile to another location. Now replace that with the old profile and try again.

NOTE: All profile copying / deleting should be done after closing FF.

-SS.
I am a nobody. Nobody is perfect. So I am perfect. | Mutation is random. Evolution is selective.
AMD/X2/3600+ ASUS/M2NPV-VM DDR2-533/1.5GB SATA160GB Creative/SBS370 SAMSUNG/794MG/17CRT
The worst thing in any forum is to see your question go unanswered -SS.
countrygal919

Post by countrygal919 »

Thank you so much. That worked. I had tried uninstalling/reinstalling but I didn't think to restart in between each. Thank you so much!
sling-shot

Post by sling-shot »

Whatever! As long as it works it is good :-)
-SS.
I am a nobody. Nobody is perfect. So I am perfect. | Mutation is random. Evolution is selective.
AMD/X2/3600+ ASUS/M2NPV-VM DDR2-533/1.5GB SATA160GB Creative/SBS370 SAMSUNG/794MG/17CRT
countrygal919

Post by countrygal919 »

ok..it stopped working and its giving me the same problem. I tried to minimize and it wouldn't do it.
sling-shot

Post by sling-shot »

{After much scratching of head}

This will look silly. But I will repeat the SOP for things to do when you dont know what to do! (Assuming you are using WindowsXP with Genuine Advantage!)
-Do Windows Update and perform all updates.
Start > All Programmes > Windows Updates
-Do a system files check from command prompt.
Start > Run > Type CMD and hit enter. Black box will open. Type SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter. Provide Windows installation disk if asked for.
- Do a virus scan using any standard antivirus (AVG/Avast!/NOD32/Avira AntiVir/Norton/McAffee) and ClamWin
- Do an anti-spyware scan. Use AdAware/Spybot Search and Destroy/AVG AntiSpyware
- Report back with the results of all these extensive and time consuming procedures (which may not result in anything but who knows...)
-Please mention your Operating System and Firefox version numbers in all future support requests.
-SS.
austenfan

Re: Firefox Won't minimize

Post by austenfan »

I am experiencing this issue sporadically (Vista). If I hit "show desktop," it fixes the problem for a time, but it recurs.
smsmith

Re: Firefox Won't minimize

Post by smsmith »

austenfan,

Please start your own thread on this topic as it is likely that the participants are no longer following this one. It is from May 2007.

Additionally, the problem may no longer be related due to the advancement of not only Firefox, but computers in general.

Thanks.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.