why does the font changes on its own?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SxS

why does the font changes on its own?

Post by SxS »

for some reason the font changes frequently on its own, and it only happens in certain websites like wikipedia, baidu..etc...and those fonts are really hard to read i had to enlarge it really big in order to read...can someone help me? is there a font option somewhere i can change it back? or is it a bug...?
SkyeChild

Post by SkyeChild »

Hm...I had my font change after a visit to Wikimedia (an offshoot of Wikipedia, I think). I had to change my video resolution, and reset my monitor to get it back.
"bortaS bIr jablu'DI', reH QaQqu' nay" (Revenge is a dish that is best served cold). ...Klingon proverb
SxS

Post by SxS »

but i didnt go to wikimedia ...?
and how did u change your video resolution and rest you monitor?
help pleeeeeeeeease
SkyeChild

Post by SkyeChild »

But you said it changes when you go to wikipedia...

To change your resolution, go into control panel (if you are using windows), display, settings, advanced , monitor. Sorry, it was refresh rate I meant, not resolution. I set my resolution for the highest rate allowable for my monitor.

For my monitor, I have a reset button on the side. I believe it resets to default settings.

I can't guarantee that's what did the trick. But I tried everything else I could think of, so it could have been a combination of all of them.

I only noticed the font change after I had reset the refresh rate and reset the monitor.
"bortaS bIr jablu'DI', reH QaQqu' nay" (Revenge is a dish that is best served cold). ...Klingon proverb
SxS

Post by SxS »

i meant it changes when i go to websites like wikipedia, baidu, yahoo kimo, and other websites...
but THANK YOU for telling me the resolution thing...gonna try it~
SxS

Post by SxS »

just a few minutes ago, when i went on wiki, the font changed on its own AGAIN...it's not the usual ariel font or watever default font that is...but luckily this time it is a readable one...but really how can i stop it from changing so frequently?? it's freaking me out!!!
SxS

Post by SxS »

SkyeChild: i did u wat u told me 2 do and there's no change...the fonts changes several times in one day now...>_<

help please!!

Post by Guest »

Try going to tools-->options-->content-->fonts & colours , play with the advanced settings, including whether pages can choose their own fonts, and see if anything helps your problem.
SxS

Post by SxS »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! THAT SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!