Metal Lion - Blue Moonlight Vista.

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

This page: http://franklion.co.uk/BMV2/BMVLion2.html
has a Javascript that is clearing off everything from the screen after it finishes loading. I had to visit it with Javascript disabled in order to read it.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jimfitter wrote:Frank,

Is there a chance we can see this as a Thunderbird theme, down the road? Also, how can I get this to be a g-mail skin? Questions, questions! :)

Jim

Hi Jim, I would say close to zero chance on T/bird. A Thunderbird theme has about five times as many icons as a Firefox theme...which is a problem if you happen to be the one making all those icons! Plus, all the .css code is unfamiliar to me.

However, I would say that a matching Gmail skin is a good idea and a distinct possibility, in the near future.

Frank :)

@Anonymosity, that page works fine, with or without JS. Stick to Alfred Kayser's threads and not mine in future, there's a good lad.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Eyes-Only

Post by Eyes-Only »

If I may help here a bit?

@jimfitter: While it doesn't exactly match 100% with Frank's theme what I do is use the TBird theme "Vista-Black". It does come pretty close Jim and both compliment each other very nicely IMHO. So you might want to give that a try?

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

(Edited for brevity. I tend to ramble. ;) )
Last edited by Eyes-Only on May 20th, 2007, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
"We never know just how much a kind word, or a gesture, will lift the spirits of a person in need and heal them." KDpup-484, LucidPup-511, SM2+/FX4+/TB31+
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Frank Lion wrote:@Anonymosity, that page works fine, with or without JS. Stick to Alfred Kayser's threads and not mine in future, there's a good lad.

Can do - no skin off my nose.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Being intimately familiar with the js on that page I can say A: It's not broken and B: Even if it was it wouldn't have the effect you see :er:

So lets get back on topic OK?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
jimfitter
Folder@Home

Post by jimfitter »

@eyes only: Thanks for the tip on VistaBlack. :)
Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened. - Terry Pratchett
Eyes-Only

Post by Eyes-Only »

Edited.
Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
--
"We never know just how much a kind word, or a gesture, will lift the spirits of a person in need and heal them." KDpup-484, LucidPup-511, SM2+/FX4+/TB31+
steviex

Post by steviex »

Frank ... Dunno whether it was the extension that's been fixed (its just updated) or BMV tweaked, but Fox Clocks on a toolbar now shows up nicely... :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
jonh_tomas

Post by jonh_tomas »

Frank... Congratulations for the AMAZING THEME!!! But... man... really... are you trying to get to the Guinness by killing someone using a Firefox Theme as a weapon???

Man... I was seeing your theme... it almost bring tears to my eyes for being so f***king beautiful... This is really the most beautiful Firefox Theme I have ever seen - my hormones even start jumping... this was THE THEME and then - well then the "PAY FOR IT" thing appear... I almost had an heart attack!!!

It was like falling from the bed when we are having "THAT DREAM". Man... this is the kind of things that we don't do to people... not even our worst enemy deserves this!!!

Now... out of jokes... really: congratulations for this amazing theme - I'm a "fan" of your work and this one is the best of them all... however i do believe that, like me, no one will give money for it (It do worth the money - even more that what you're asking but) having so many other good themes to choose from.

I understand that this is a lot of time spent... but there are the things we do for living, and there are the things we do for pleasure... and i do believe you're the kind of "artist" that do not live from its art... i think you do this because you're VERY good at it, you enjoy it, you love it, you like to play whit images...

but correct me... because maybe that's just me.

Anyway - GREAT WORK! :D
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Hi jonh, you posting on the right thread, haha? The sycophancy stuff goes here. I'm from Britain and we don't 'do', or listen to, the 'over the top' flattery stuff. Just something for you to bear in mind. :)

jonh_tomas wrote:- well then the "PAY FOR IT" thing appear... I almost had an heart attack!!!

Glad you liked it, really am. But the mention of the minimum donation level of under $9.00 US appears before any of the pictures of BMV on my site....and is it also a donation for people who appreciated all the other themes that I've done for nothing in the last year or so.

jonh_tomas wrote:It was like falling from the bed when we are having "THAT DREAM". Man... this is the kind of things that we don't do to people... not even our worst enemy deserves this!!!

This may amaze you, john, but parting with 9 bucks doesn't actually have that effect on most people! Other people like it and donate for it, you don't want to donate the same as the cost of a couple of cheeseburgers for it? well, sorry jonh, that's your choice, you just move on through., When I take Mrs Lion out for a well deserved meal, the restaurants don't take fan mail as payment.

Sorry jonh, but there is too much crap talked about 'artists', we're real people like everyone else...leastways, I am.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jonh_tomas

Post by jonh_tomas »

hahahahaha... I was just joking, man (at least most of the time...)

I you may suspect I'm not from US nor UK... I from that little country called Portugal and my english is not in it's best shape... anyway... what i mean is that i didn't get the

"Hi jonh, you posting on the right thread, haha? The sycophancy stuff goes here. I'm from Britain and we don't 'do', or listen to, the 'over the top' flattery stuff. Just something for you to bear in mind. "

part... hahahaha

anyway... the real problem about donations is just one: as a WebDeveloper and as a IT i know a little how paypal as well as other services like that function and i really don't trust them enough... yeah sure that also my back can be stolen... but on the internet... well, it's even easier...

Now believe me... if you lived nearby I would make that donation personally... that theme really worth it (in fact i do believe it does worth a lot more... but that's up to you to decide).

I have not bought a lot of things over the net for this same reason... when a person does not know how it works, sometimes it's easy to trust... now... everytime you know what may fail... well... there it changes all.

Keep up your good work Frank. And honestly i was just joking - i do understand you completely ;)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Olá jonh, como vai você?

Hahaha...no problem. I thought you were joking...then I thought maybe you are not...then maybe...and then... I gave up. :P

On my website is a 'Contact Us' Email address, write to me and I'll sort out a way for you. OK?

jimfitter
Folder@Home

Post by jimfitter »

Hi Frank,

As has already been said; "This is easily the best theme for FF, hands down." Have you given any thought to making another of these rich colored themes?

(And maybe one for T-Bird?) :wink:

Sincerely,

A. Passerby
Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened. - Terry Pratchett
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Something in Pink or maybe even Red? :lildevil:
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Young Alex!

Post by Young Alex! »

Great theme as always frank but when are you going to submit to malliz it would look better in pink :lol: not really i have <B>no</B> idea how you can improve on this theme great work mate