[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mikelward

Post by mikelward »

I wrote a review a few days ago, but am still waiting for it to show up!
harb484

Post by harb484 »

Yeah, I wrote a review just now, too. I wonder where it is? Does mozilla screen the reviews or something?
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

I think they moderate each review - so it has to be unlocked before people can read it.
jchism

Can't enter settings in Firefox for Mac

Post by jchism »

Either Autofill Forms doesn't work with Mac Firefox or I'm doing something wrong. Wrote directly to author and he told me to do what I'd done already, and asked me real nice to come to the forum for other questions.

Here's what I wrote to Sebastian:
>>I'm looking at the Settings box, with all the "test" values in place. I
went to line 2 for "value" under "Username." I typed my name.

From that point on, I'm lost. I tried clicking on another category, but
it forgot my name when I did. I tried hitting "Apply" and "Add" and got
the same lack of result. I don't see how you get it to remember what
you typed in as a Value, once you move on to put in another value.<<He>> Just changing a value (typing a new one) and hitting "Apply" afterwards should work - no matter
which platform you use (I tested it on Linux, Windows and have success confirmations from Mac too).<<

Well, I tried it again. NG. It acts as if there were a lock somewhere on the values that won't allow me to change them. To be really clear:
I went to the Username field, which says "test" in the Value box. I typed my name, hit "Apply," and then clicked on a different name in the Name list ("E-mail"). Then I clicked on "Username" again, and the second white box once again said "test." Tried it with some other Name fields, with same lack of result.

Bet I'm doing something stupid.

Jack Chism
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Hi there, John.

Thanks for posting your question here. I get support emails nearly every day and questions asked here can help users who google for answers - and experienced users can help users as well. :)

Sorry, I thought you just forgot to hit "Apply" before changing to the next field, judging from your first explanation - as this is a problem some users do have as it might not be that intuitive to do so.

But as your post explains, you did hit "Apply" immediately after changing the value so this can't be the problem.

Perhaps, just as a try it might be a good idea to test it out in a fresh Firefox profile. And which exact Firefox Version are you using?

Sebastian
jchism

Post by jchism »

madblueimp wrote:Hi there, John.

Thanks for posting your question here. I get support emails nearly every day and questions asked here can help users who google for answers - and experienced users can help users as well. :)

Sorry, I thought you just forgot to hit "Apply" before changing to the next field, judging from your first explanation - as this is a problem some users do have as it might not be that intuitive to do so.

But as your post explains, you did hit "Apply" immediately after changing the value so this can't be the problem.

Perhaps, just as a try it might be a good idea to test it out in a fresh Firefox profile. And which exact Firefox Version are you using?

Sebastian
Thank you Sebastian.

I'm using v2.0.0.3, which I think is pretty current.

By "fresh Firefox profile" do you mean a fresh startup of the browser, or to download another copy of it and set it up again, or something else?

Jack
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

With a fresh profile I meant creating a new profile for your existing Firefox installation which is described here:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#new

Using a fresh profile makes sure the problem is not due to corrupted settings or other installed extensions.
mvhetes

Post by mvhetes »

Is this extension for Windows systems only?
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

mvhetes wrote:Is this extension for Windows systems only?

Nope - I'm developing Autofill Forms on Xubuntu Linux and I have success confirmations from Mac OS X users, too.
crmock40

Post by crmock40 »

Using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on a mac with OS 10.4.9. Deleted default rules , now I have no rules. How do i get them back?
mvhetes

Post by mvhetes »

I asked if this was for Windos because there appears to be some sort of issue with my Mac. The icon simply does not show up in the Firefox toolbar, (BTW I'm running OS 10.3.9 on a G3 iMac. Firefox version is 2.0.0.4, which was just upgraded prior to installing the extension.)

What is missing here? Should have installed something else first?
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

crmock40 wrote:Using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on a mac with OS 10.4.9. Deleted default rules , now I have no rules. How do i get them back?

You can always reset all Autofill Forms settings using about:config:

1. Put "about:config" in your address bar and enter
2. Filter the displayed settings using the string "autofillForms@blueimp.net"
3. Right-click on "extensions.autofillForms@blueimp.net.fieldRules" and choose "Reset"
(Make sure you disable encryption before doing that)

mvhetes wrote:The icon simply does not show up in the Firefox toolbar
What is missing here? Should have installed something else first?

You need to add the toolbar button to your toolbar manually:

How to add the toolbar button to the toolbar:
* Right-click on your toolbar.
* Choose 'Customize...' from the context menu.
* Drag and Drop the Autofill Forms button on your toolbar.
mvhetes

Post by mvhetes »

How silly of me. Thanks!
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

No problem - it's not that intuitive to first add the toolbar manually - but it let's the user choose where to put it.
grizfan

Post by grizfan »

Hi,

Great extension, as a web developer, this will help me a lot. One question that you might be able to help me with. I've noticed on our website that, for example, the Google toolbar's autofill feature doesn't pick up all of our form fields, including the 1st address line and the phone number field. While we use what I consider standard naming conventions for these fields, I'm wondering if there is a generally agreed upon naming convention for form fields available some where. I'm in the process of updating our website, so I'd like to standardize the naming of form fields as best as possible to give all the various autofill tools the highest chance of working on our website. Is anyone aware of any documented, agreed upon standards in this area?

thanks!