Connection Refused

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Lost User 16460

Connection Refused

Post by Lost User 16460 »

Anyone having this problem?

I'm trying to view www.cj.com and I keep getting a "Connection Refused by www.cj.com"

Anyone know what this is or how I can fix it?

Also, any of the links served by commission junction seem to be blocked as well. Visitors have told me that they don't seem to have a problem though.

The problem location is at one of my sites http://www.pmedic.com
The featured item is served by commission junction.
Poka64

Post by Poka64 »

works for me, What build are you using?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
radgie

Post by radgie »

Both working fine for me :?
May We Live In Interesting Times
To Wives And Sweethearts. And Shall Never The Two Meet

Post by Guest »

Here is my build.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031207 Firebird/0.7+
I just upgraded because I thought it was a problem with the older version.

Hmm, I wonder what is going on then?
Poka64

Post by Poka64 »

Anonymous wrote:Here is my build.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031207 Firebird/0.7+
I just upgraded because I thought it was a problem with the older version.

Hmm, I wonder what is going on then?

Maybe it´s your firewall that´s causing this?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6

Post by Guest »

I corrupted my firebird, so i disposed and downloaded fresh app with installer--now my connection is refused to mozilla org-or anyother site--firewall is down--IE works perfectly(I know, that's an oxymoron)--reinstalled another fresh download, same problem. removed and deleted EVERY reference to moz or firebird, another fresh install, same problem. I have no idea..................will
martybucko

found solution.. zone alarm was blocking..

Post by martybucko »

I had the same "connection refused" problem. I found out that Zone Alarm was blocking Mozilla Firebird from accessing the internet, even though it wasn't even running!

To fix: I started Zone Alarm, started Firebird, and low and behold, up popped a Zone Alarm warning that Mozilla wanted to connect to the internet and did I want to allow it... I clicked Yes, and it connected straight through no problemo...
martybucko

Post by Guest »

WAITSTOPHOLDTHEPHONEWHAT A MORON I AM!!!!! you are DEAD ON martybucko, I just found XAD said the same thing on 10.26.2003 while searching the forum. There is nothing in life that is quite so humbling as finding out that it is your own dumb fault (gigo). IDIDITANDITWORKED!!! Sorry for the silliness, but I GOT MY FIREBIRD BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta go now, i have to flush IE down the toilet and then go dance across the lawn in my undies to celebrate. I LOVE MOZ!!!!...........will
Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

THANKS,
Fixed my problems also, I couldn't get the netscpae 7.1 installer to connect, or an install completed by the full install package, or Mozilla. The whole time my opera install and IE were connecting fine. Started zonealarm, gave it the OK and suddenly everthing works.