Nothing but red and blue lines and boxes in main window.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
unknown-user

Nothing but red and blue lines and boxes in main window.

Post by unknown-user »

Hi,

I would like to report something aka bug that i couldnt understand why occured?
Pls <a target="_blank" href="http://www.zubeyr.dereli.net/temp/mozillabuggy.gif">see</a>.
I run Firebird but see somthing like this. I thought that is a kind of a debug tool.
I tried much to solve it.

Is anyone knowing why?
mai9

Post by mai9 »

that's art! ;)

have you tried the typical 'new profile', 'new install', 'reboot' solutions?
unknown-user

Post by unknown-user »

i forget tot say this is Firebird 0.7 with no extras, (even Flash Player)
but it occured after i install 3 three .xpi files that i dont remember which they were.
now i deleted them but this continues, i also cleaned up Registry.

i tried to reboot, prevent the other programs to make an effect, run nothing before firebird.
tried new install for both 0.6.1 and 0.7 and nothing changed,
i did not create a profile, and could't find where to. maybe this solves i dont believe.
frease

Post by frease »

Create a new profile by starting FB like this:

"c:\mozillafirebird\mozillafirebird.exe" -p

Use the RUN command.

Here's where your profile folder is located:

The Profile Folder

Before the configuration files are presented, you should know how to find your "profile folder", as it is commonly called. The profile folder is where Mozilla Firebird saves all your settings and refers to a location on your hard drive.

On Windows XP/2000, the path is usually %AppData%\Phoenix\Profiles\default\xxxxxxxx.slt\, where xxxxxxxx is a random string of 8 characters. Just browse to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles\ and the rest should be obvious.

On Windows 95/98/Me, the path is usually C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles\default\xxxxxxxx.slt\

On Linux, the path is usually ~/.phoenix/default/xxxxxxxx.slt.

On MacOS X, the path is usually ~/Library/Phoenix/Profiles/default/xxxxxxxx.slt.

Note: Mozilla Firebird is capable of handling more than one user and thus, more than one profile. The path examples above refers to the default profile that is automatically created when you start Mozilla Firebird for the first time. You can manage any number of profiles by using the Profile Manager.

%AppData% is a shorthand for the Application Data path on Windows 2000/XP. To use it, click Start > Run..., enter %AppData% and press Enter. You will be taken to the "real" folder, which is normally C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Put the following into prefs.js or user.js in your profile folder while not having Firebird running:

user_pref("xul.debug.box", false);

This should "repair" it.
"I'll be dead after I die. I was dead before I was born. Life is a break from death." - Hlynur, 101 Reykjavík
unknown-user

Post by unknown-user »

very thanks u guys,
it was a good shot for me that i thought it was a debug tool..