Thunderbird Too Slow To Delete Messages

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
buccos17

Thunderbird Too Slow To Delete Messages

Post by buccos17 »

Here I go again. I upgraded to Windows Vista with a clean install. I downloaded Thunderbird and it worked great for 2 days. After my last experience I made sure I compact my folders daily, sometimes multiple times throughout the day. But sure enough, Thunderbird started taking 10 second to delete mail that clicked to delete. I empty my trash daily & compact folders. I created a new profile and it worked fine for a day or two and then more of the same. This used to be a great program now I hate it. Can anyone help me correct this issue and tell me why this keeps happening? Thanks.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It would make it easier for folks if you had continued in your previous post, or provided a link to it. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=533867

Have you again deleted the MSF files as per Daifne's instructions last time?
How many messages are you handling (receiving and deleteing) on a daily basis?
How recently have you defragged the hard drive? And how much free space do you have on the drive? Perhaps the issue is not literally a Thunderbird problem but more of a system issue.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Thunderbird Support

BTW, Vista defrags automatically...
buccos17

Post by buccos17 »

Yes.
Roughly 40 messages daily
Defragged 5 days ago
161 GB free on HD
Fail to see how it's a system issue. Windows mail deletes messages in 1 second or less.
I've used Thunderbird for years and didn't have this issue until late last year.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I'm going to lock this as a duplicate. I gave you instructions for another step to do and you never replied. Please stay in that topic.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 09#2831509