Menu Bar Gone, Can't Get It Back

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
stevebtokyo

Menu Bar Gone, Can't Get It Back

Post by stevebtokyo »

I unchecked Menu bar and the Menu naturally disappeared.

Now, however, I can't find how to get it back!

And I can't open the Customize window because there is no place at the top of the window where clicking the mouse activates anything.

Does anyone know how to get my Menu bar back?

Thanks in advance.

Post by Guest »

You must have an extension that provides that feature. Does F12 do anything for you?
Swami

Post by Swami »

Are you using some extension to hide the menu bar?
Worst case scenario, start Firefox in safe mode and choose "Reset toolbars and controls".
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
forkee

easy fix that worked for me

Post by forkee »

Alt+F brings up the menu bar temporarily just long enough to right click and enable it again
stevebtokyo

Post by stevebtokyo »

Thanks!

I gave up in frustration and closed Firefox, and when I opened it again all was back in order (I think).

I have a Mac so F12 brings up my widgets and I don't know how to translate Alt+F, although this sounds like a nifty function to be able to do next time I get in a mess like this.

Swami, thanks for the Safe Mode tip. I am certain I will be resorting to it some time in the future.

(P.S. This is the third time I have tried to respond after my previous responses failed to appear. Sorry to keep you hanging.)

Thank you all. It is a relief to know you are out there.
James

Post by James »

stevebtokyo, do you have the MenuX extension? ... http://markbokil.org/index.php?section= ... #shortcuts
stevebtokyo

Post by stevebtokyo »

Wow! No, but I will very soon.
Thanks for the tip!
James

Post by James »

Not saying you should use it but rather it has been one of the reasons why the menu bar disappeared if one does certain shortcuts.
stevebtokyo

Post by stevebtokyo »

Well, I guess I won't have it very soon because it is not yet compatible with 2.0.0.4

My frenzy started after I had opened customize and added a Minimize Menu addon to expand my window size. To try to add more window space, I then tried unchecking Menubar in Tools and the whole Firefox bar disappeared, and with the bar now gone, it became impossible to reopen the Tools menu because it wasn't there. (Now that the menu titles are back, I can fully explain what exactly I did.)

Thanks all.
stevebtokyo

Post by stevebtokyo »

James,

MenuX sounds like a good way to maximize the window. I will try it out when it is updates. Thanks.
argentrywehrle

Re: easy fix that worked for me

Post by argentrywehrle »

Thanks! I had the same problem as the other person. Your tip worked!