Alert! Object Event - message

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bd_boise

Alert! Object Event - message

Post by bd_boise »

I was using 2.0.0.3, (windows xp, sp2) and when I launch firefox, I respond to the dialog box restore session/start new; and then I get a dialog box that says ALERT! Object Event. I hit ok, and it repeats about 8 times, and then no browser ever comes up. I can see in task manager that the firefox process is running, but still no browser.
I uninstalled 2.0.0.3 and installed 2.0.0.4; no change.

I sure hate using IE.

thanks for any help
Old Keith Warner

Post by Old Keith Warner »

Did you happen to recently install any extensions? That's the message I got when restarting Firefox after installing what turned out to be a buggy add-on. I had to kill FF with Task Manager, then restart FF in Safe Mode (not Windows SM, but Start>All Programs, then mouse-over Moz FF to find it) to un-install the culprit.

KW
bd_boise

Post by bd_boise »

that fixed it. woohoo back to FF.

thanks keith!
steviex

Post by steviex »

What was the culprit? Just curious....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Old Keith Warner

Post by Old Keith Warner »

Don't know about the OP, but my problem was with an extension to reload tabs called "onFocusReload" (got TabMixPlus instead) Went back into old posts looking for it and the link said it's in the Sandbox, but a search there comes up No Results Found.