TB print preview - help

Discuss application theming and theme development.
ogirtd

TB print preview - help

Post by ogirtd »

Hi,

I almost finished updating Le Breeze for TB2.
I have no idea why, but the print preview is broken. There are 3 errors in the DOM Inspector:

Code: Select all

Error: undefined entity
Source File: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla/Thunderbird/chrome/comm.jar!/content/communicator/printPreviewBindings.xml
Line: 53, Column: 7
Source Code:
      <xul:button label="&print.label;" accesskey="&print.accesskey;"------^

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla/Thunderbird/chrome/comm.jar!/content/communicator/printPreviewBindings.xml
Line Number 53, Column 7:

Error: bc has no properties
Source File: chrome://global/content/console.js
Line: 61

I have no idea what could cause it, I checked for bindings in my theme, all seem to be Ok.
Here's a link to the theme on AMO (in sandbox). Any help will be appreciated :)
Reviving abandoned Firefox & Thunderbird themes since 2006.
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

I can't find a way to download the file while it is still in the sandbox. Any chance you have a link to a different location? :)
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
ogirtd

Post by ogirtd »

You can't download it if you login to AMO? As I understand, that's the idea of the sandbox, for people to test it before it's public.

BTW, I don't have anywhere else to upload the file.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Yeah I had mine in the sandbox for about a month before it went public. It was downloadable from the sandbox.

Not sure, but maybe if there's both a public version and a sandbox version, you have to be sure to login first and then specifically pick the sandbox ?
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Found the problem at a.m.o. I did not have "Show Sandbox" checked in my user account prefs. Duh. #-o

Found the problem in your theme code. Add this to messenger.css just below the @namespace entry:

.toolbar-primary {
  -moz-binding: url("chrome://global/content/bindings/toolbar.xml#toolbar");
}

toolbar[printpreview="true"] {
  -moz-binding: url("chrome://global/content/printPreviewBindings.xml#printpreviewtoolbar");
}

All is well now with Print Preview. :)

You may only need the second code set, but I included both when I tested things. The Error Console shows a few other minor errors, but they should not be hard to fix. <b>Beautiful theme!!!!</b>
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
ogirtd

Post by ogirtd »

CatThief wrote:Found the problem in your theme code. Add this to messenger.css just below the @namespace entry:

.toolbar-primary {
  -moz-binding: url("chrome://global/content/bindings/toolbar.xml#toolbar");
}

toolbar[printpreview="true"] {
  -moz-binding: url("chrome://global/content/printPreviewBindings.xml#printpreviewtoolbar");
}

All is well now with Print Preview. :)

You may only need the second code set, but I included both when I tested things.
Thanks a lot CatThief! I'll try this later today.

CatThief wrote:The Error Console shows a few other minor errors, but they should not be hard to fix.
I hope so, after all - I made this version a long time ago (when TB2 was in 1st alpha if I remember correctly), so I can't remember everything I did back then.

CatThief wrote:<b>Beautiful theme!!!!</b>
Thanks, although I can't take the credit (goes for Kevin Davis & Lech). My goal is to keep abandoned themes (only ones that I like) alive (Doodle & Le Breeze themes at the moment, suggestions for other old abandoned themes anyone?).
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Wow. <i>Wow!</i> Very very nice.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed