Archived Moderation Requests (Vol XXII)

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
vl

Post by vl »

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=563345
Add Kubuntu Linux to subject title
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072518 Firefox/2.0.0.6
vl

Post by vl »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072518 Firefox/2.0.0.6
trolly

Post by trolly »

Done.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

*deep breath* here goes. Starting point is http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 78#2950678

My main point comes first, but I don't think my second paragraph is irrelevant to the discussion and is in direct response to other posts that have been allowed to happen. Still I respect the idea that sticking to the main point makes the discussion easier. I explain why I think it's relevant incase it turns out my reasoning makes sense to others and to try and show that I'm being genuine and not trying to sideline the discussion as is inferred. But I also go back to my original point which is totally legitimate. Someone did try to communicate and it seems it didn't work. So it follows that if we got it wrong that time, it would help to know what to do instead to communicate more effectively.

My problem is this:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 21#2950721

I'm being accused of some stuff that I don't think can be reasonably concluded if my words are taken at face value. Now I'm left either defending myself and confirming the insinuation that I'm only in the thread to "get the thread locked" and that I am infact engaging in histrionics, or I can let it go, and risk not only the assumption that my silence is confirmation that malliz caught me in the act, but also risk that the important point of _how_ to communicate effectively with MZ is once again ignored. Yes, it's possible someone else will come along and pick up the point, but it's equally possible that people will see a regular shutting down the conversation and choose to follow suit. Not only that, but the position it's left me in feels like nothing less than bullying. I must remove myself from the discussion because someone else decided I wasn't welcome with no regard to any valid points I was making.

I would ask that malliz' last post is removed and my question is left open for people to respond to or ignore freely.

I apologize for the formal (stuffy?) tone of this post, I feel like I'm on eggshells here and am trying to choose my words very carefully to make sure I say exactly what I mean (we all know what happened last time I wasn't cautious).

Thank you.
Old Limpet235

Post by Old Limpet235 »

trolly

Post by trolly »

In my opinion there is no need to comment on an announcement. We can still move it to Camino support and make a sticky out of it.
More detailed comment from me (personal opinion) in the thread.

Emails done.
Last edited by trolly on July 3rd, 2007, 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

It's not about Camino, it's about official firefox support. Is that the problem, people saw his forum title and thought it was about Camino? Yes there's no *need* to comment, but people feel very passionately, and I would think if some people had seen and read Sam's post, they'd have voiced the concerns there that they're voicing in the "what's going on" thread. Heading to read your thoughts now.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Is the point still valid? Then we have to find a better place for it. I do not think support is good. Too many chances to attract too many users. Builds may be appropriate.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

My point wasn't that it needed to be moved, I was just wondering if that was the answer. My point was that people were saying there hadn't been communication when there had been. Without figuring out why they missed Sam's post, there's no way to be sure to correct what had been done wrong. I think seeing that you thought it was about Camino is more accurate to what went wrong.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=563404

Has to do with Web Development - move this to a more appropriate forum?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Moved.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

I am getting a bunch of these errors today from KB articles I have bookmarked.
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doinsert". MySQL returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'wiki:pcache:idhash:3801-0!!0!!!en!2' for key 1 (tera)".
Retrieved from "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.dns.disableIPv6"

Is someone doing a massive rearranging of articles?

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Gone
frcan

Post by frcan »