New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

stridoca wrote:yeah I think the same.. but it's not all the rocket stuff tough, if mcdavis could only do a code to remove this image(the background image) "chrome://global/skin/watermarks/about.blank.sts116-s-021.v010.jpg", I would be glad

@stridoca: I'm with nuttysman, this theme is for space lovers. But if you just want to go without the big background image in empty tabs, use this in your userContent.css instead:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(about:blank) { 
html:not([class]) {
background: none black !important;
}
}

Let us know how that works for you.

Update 2009-May-20: The use of userContent.css to style empty tabs with NASA Night Launch is now un-recommended. There's a better way using Stylish. See this post later in this thread for full details.
Last edited by mcdavis on May 20th, 2009, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
joneshw01

Post by joneshw01 »

Best theme so fare I love it good work. Now only if there will be a Thunderbird one. Would be perfect.
joneshw01

NN edit works well

Post by joneshw01 »

Thanks mcdavis941 the TB edit for NN worked. It looks good to me even with the standard icons. You should post it. I'm happy with it.

mcdavis

Re: NN edit works well

Post by mcdavis »

joneshw01 wrote:Thanks mcdavis941 the TB edit for NN worked. It looks good to me even with the standard icons. You should post it. I'm happy with it.

@joneshw1:

Thanks joneshw01. BTW is there any chance I could get a full-sized version of your screenshot?

@Everyone else:

Here's what he's talking about:

mcdavis941 wrote:
joneshw01 wrote:I saw your post in the thread about the NASA Night Launch theme. You wrote that you used it in TB 2.0 but you needed to work on the TB icons did you get to work and how? I really like the theme and would like to see a TB one. Please let me know thank you.

Yes it did work but without Tb-specific icons. The icons are the default Tb icons.

To get it to work:

1. in the jar file for the theme, edit the file install.rdf
2. in install.rdf, remove the comments from the following section of code so it looks like this:

Code:
<!-- Thunderbird -->
<em:targetApplication>
<Description>
<em:id>{3550f703-e582-4d05-9a08-453d09bdfdc6}</em:id>
<em:minVersion>1.5</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>2.0.0.*</em:maxVersion>
</Description>
</em:targetApplication>

3. save the editted install.rdf to the NNL jar file and save the jar
4. install the editted jar file in Thunderbird

HTH
stridoca

Post by stridoca »

mcdavis941 wrote:
stridoca wrote:yeah I think the same.. but it's not all the rocket stuff tough, if mcdavis could only do a code to remove this image(the background image) "chrome://global/skin/watermarks/about.blank.sts116-s-021.v010.jpg", I would be glad

@stridoca: I'm with nuttysman, this theme is for space lovers. But if you just want to go without the big background image in empty tabs, use this in your userContent.css instead:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(about:blank) { 
html:not([class]) {
background: none black !important;
}
}

Let us know how that works for you.

Now all empty tabs are with a black background.. but when loading a new page, the background image still appears ;/
joneshw01

Re: NN edit works well

Post by joneshw01 »

mcdavis941 wrote:
joneshw01 wrote:Thanks mcdavis941 the TB edit for NN worked. It looks good to me even with the standard icons. You should post it. I'm happy with it.

@joneshw1:

Thanks joneshw01. BTW is there any chance I could get a full-sized version of your screenshot?

@Everyone else:

Here's what he's talking about:

mcdavis941 wrote:
joneshw01 wrote:I saw your post in the thread about the NASA Night Launch theme. You wrote that you used it in TB 2.0 but you needed to work on the TB icons did you get to work and how? I really like the theme and would like to see a TB one. Please let me know thank you.

Yes it did work but without Tb-specific icons. The icons are the default Tb icons.

To get it to work:

1. in the jar file for the theme, edit the file install.rdf
2. in install.rdf, remove the comments from the following section of code so it looks like this:

Code:
<Thunderbird>
<em>
<Description>
<em>{3550f703-e582-4d05-9a08-453d09bdfdc6}</em>
<em>1.5</em>
<em>2.0.0.*</em>
</Description>
</em>

3. save the editted install.rdf to the NNL jar file and save the jar
4. install the editted jar file in Thunderbird

HTH

No prob. I put full-sized version of your screenshot on Photobucket but it got shrunk hmmm. Do you have a way for me to send it to you.
Send me a PM with the details (email/ Live Mesenger........)
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

FYI, window background images not working in subskins with the latest nightly Fx3.0a7.
Soul Stealer

Post by Soul Stealer »

Found some themes in the Sandbox ...... you've been busy .... ;)
It's like I said.
flub

Post by flub »

joneshw01 wrote:Best theme so fare I love it good work. Now only if there will be a Thunderbird one. Would be perfect.

Where can we get this TB version of Nasa???
joneshw01

Post by joneshw01 »

flub wrote:
joneshw01 wrote:Best theme so fare I love it good work. Now only if there will be a Thunderbird one. Would be perfect.

Where can we get this TB version of Nasa???

Look at the 5th post above yours (mcdavis941 wrote:). The one just below the screen shot it tell you how to edit the Fire Fox NN theme to use in TB.
flub

Post by flub »

Brilliant thank you :)
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

I've been using this extension since July 3rd. I love it. I have a few suggestions to make. I have many extensions installed. One of them is Show MyIP. My server sits behind a dedicated firewall/router (IpCop). So this extension is nice to have. The only problem is that the status bar icon for this is only two black letters, "IP". Need I say more! When the icon is clicked however, the numbers are white. I don't know if there is any way to fix this or not. But if there is something that can be done, I am looking forward to it.

mcdavis941, I like and appreciate your signature. Thank You!
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi wrote:One of them is Show MyIP.

Shingoshi: this one?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4530
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

mcdavis941 wrote:

Yup!! That's the one!
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:

Yup!! That's the one!

I'm sorry to hear that. :) It's a cool extension, but the way they coded it, there's no way for the theme to change the icons they're using.

The best we could do is write a userChrome.css rule for you to change the background color of that part of the statusbar to something (a lighter color) that would contrast better. If you want that, I'll write it for you. Just let me know.

(You could also contact the extension developer and see if they want to issue an update with an icon that has a light border around the dark text so it's visible no matter what theme the user has chosen.)