Contacting Administrator

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
fredroost

Contacting Administrator

Post by fredroost »

How do I contact Administrator?

fredroost
steviex

Post by steviex »

What do you mean?

The Administrator of this site..... ? http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
The Administrator of your Computer.... ? That's whoever is logged in as Administrator, on your computer...
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
fredroost

Contacting Administrator

Post by fredroost »

To Steviex

Thank you for your reply.

What I mean is that shortly after posting an inquiry a half hour or so ago, I received an email saying I had a Private Message: click on the link below to view it.

I clicked on the link, but the private message was not there and I couldn't figure out how to get to it.

Further, somewhere along the line I read here that if you have such a problem, you should contact the administrator.

Please forgive my ignorance...I'm bran new to this forum.

fredroost
trolly

Post by trolly »

Is your inbox empty or does the link not work?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Try clicking on the link in the top green box on the right of the forum, that should take you to your private messages inbox... If you refresh the page, it might show there is a message waiting.... There may be a delay on the forum. You might need to log in again...

Moving this to Site Discussion...

I'll send you a test message to see if you can pick it up.....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

It is possible to delete a PM as long as the forum member that you send it to hadn't opened it: it stays in the Outbox until the user opens it.
That gives you the opportunity to check if the message has been read, but also makes it possible to delete it if it is still there after some time (I remove messages after a week or so).

Maybe that is what happened and the OP decided to delete that message.
jagman55

Re: Contacting Administrator

Post by jagman55 »

I have not been able to login for about an year and have used up all my emails trying to register.
Everything I do, this site has an excuse, mostly, "this email is in use....."
my 3 emails I have used in the past are:
jagman_550-at-yahoo.com
gee.wheez-at-yahoo.com
georgee55-at-gmail.com

And all have be rejected or IN USE which does not sound right.

can you somehow help me to START all over again, clear everything out so I can get back on the Forum?

thanks
Last edited by LIMPET235 on January 7th, 2016, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the email addy/s.
LIMPET235

Re: Contacting Administrator

Post by LIMPET235 »

Try logging again using the UN "jagman" & jagman55_ at yahoo dot com email Acct. (NB: There's no jagman550, only 55.)
I've done a forced re-activation of that Account.

I will de-activate georgee55 at gmail & the gee.wheez Accts..

Strange that you could not use the gee.wheez Acct., as it was last used in Aug 2015.
(Sorry but I did not see the date on that one before re-activating the earlier "jagman" Acct.)

If any mod wants to chip in & change/update things, please do so.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)