Firefox Disappear From Taskbar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ShadowKnows

Firefox Disappear From Taskbar

Post by ShadowKnows »

I'm running Windows XP Pro, SP-2. My Firefox version is 2.0.0.4.

Periodically FF disappears from my Taskbar. I multi-task big-time. I have to minimize whatever task I have visible to see the Firefox window. Sometimes I have to minimize several task windows to display the FF window. This happens whether I've got multiple tabs opened in FF or not.
What's going on with Firefox?
"Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I have never seen that happen with Windows XP, but with TweakUI, I stopped Windows from grouping buttons for the same application into one because it was driving me crazy. I would open windows for applications in a certain order and use the position on the taskbar as a guide to the one I wanted to access, and that positional information kept disappearing. Maybe that is why I have never had a problem with the Firefox button disappearing?
ShadowKnows

Post by ShadowKnows »

Bug # 246531 has been assigned. This bug has not been resolved, yet.
See: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=246531
"Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
rbroemeling

Post by rbroemeling »

It happened to me a couple of times today. I was able to bring back disappeared Firefox using "Alt-Tab"
DanthewebMan

Re: Firefox Disappear From Taskbar

Post by DanthewebMan »

rbroemeling wrote:It happened to me a couple of times today. I was able to bring back disappeared Firefox using "Alt-Tab"
Two years later and it's still happening with 3.5.5 even when FF is the only program running.
Dartman

Re: Firefox Disappear From Taskbar

Post by Dartman »

It would be best for you to start a new thread, instead of posting to a outdated thread from 2007.

List your operating system, version of Firefox, any extensions you use, if any, etc...

Closing this thread.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.