My problem...help "Entry Point Not Found"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Tunawookie

My problem...help "Entry Point Not Found"

Post by Tunawookie »

When I go to launch firefox, I get the following message.

firefox.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The Procedure entry point JS_SaveFrameChain could not be located in the dynamic link library js3250.dll

I haven't installed any new software....or did an update on anything in a few days...this just started happening out of the blue today. Anybody have ideas?
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

I note that I find 4 separate copies of js3250.dll on my system -- all of them with different dates and file sizes -- each in the program file directories for various open source programs. I doubt if they are interchangeable.

Perhaps the js3250.dll file in your Firefox directory has gotten corrupted somehow. Easiest solution is probably just to download the full install package from www.mozilla.com and re-install.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

Post by Guest »

Makiaguy
Thanks for the reply...should I un-install first? If i do...does it auto delete my bookmarks?
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Your bookmarks and settings are located in your profile, which is stored separately from the program files. Your profile should not be affected by a re-install.

Download the current full installation package from www.mozilla.com, then reinstall.
You can probably just re-install over the old installation, but I'd uninstall it first and delete the Firefox folder from my Program files just to be sure.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
chconnor

Me too...

Post by chconnor »

Hi, doing some tech support for a friend whose Firefox "just suddenly stopped working" as well. Exact same error. She noticed it yesterday or perhaps this morning. Coincidence??? When did yours go out?

She had loaned her computer to a friend, but he reportedly didn't do anything but watch some movies, listen to some music, etc. But who knows.

HijackThis report and SpyBot scans don't show anything weird, off the bat. She's running a Kaspersky online virus scan tonight. I'll post if anything weird came up.

I think it's FF 1.5.0.3 she was using. Little bit of an update happening now. :-) I assume that'll fix whatever happened, unless it's some kind of virus...

-c
chconnor

Post by chconnor »

I take it back - perhaps Firefox 2.0.0.4? Not sure the best way to sleuth the Firefox install history...
chconnor

Post by chconnor »

Ok, maybe it was 1.5.0.3

Uninstalled, then installed 2.0.0.5, worked fine.

But I'm still really curious about the apparent timing coincidence... let me know... -c
Chimo775

Post by Chimo775 »

js3250 being deleted was often a spyware problem in the past. Even if the problem seems fixed, you should search these forums and read more about this problem, there was a specific DLL that often was related to this problem. Also do a very good search for spyware.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

[q]: "js3250 being deleted was often a spyware problem in the past"

See: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=527210 - trojan: ipv6monl.dll
Siminelly

Thank You!

Post by Siminelly »

Hi,

I just fixed the same problem too and I just want to thank everyone that posted comments about the message, "the procedure entry point JS_SaveFrameChain could not be located in the dynamic link library js3250.dll". I had the same thing happen to me this morning and I didn't know what to do! I still have Internet Explorer on my computer, which I haven't used in a long time, so I opened up Google and entered the error message and I found your MozillaZine forum page. In fact, you are the only item that came up!! I read everyone's questions and the suggestions, which was how I was able to remedy my problem. Thank you, thank you!!
chconnor

Post by chconnor »

Thanks dickvl - that's what i was thinking. The triple coincidence here is a little too much to explain without some actor like a virus with an embedded date or something... -c
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

chconnor wrote:Not sure the best way to sleuth the Firefox install history...

updates.xml in the \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ folder should have the entire update history (except when it got broken with the 2.0.0.2 updates, because of the developers dickin' around to solve Vista issues)

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
chconnor

Post by chconnor »

re: updates.xml: Hmmm... running 2.0.0.5, don't see one there, but thanks...
chconnor

Post by chconnor »

Ewido and Kaspersky (online scans) and Spybot all gave clean bills of health for the computer in question... -c

Post by Guest »

This has happened twice to me so far. Both times it's occured right after Firefox has prompted me to update my browser to the current version, which I already have. I don't know what the deal with that is, but I'm going to turn auto-update off and run with that for a bit.