[Ext] Speed Dial 0.1 : 4-15-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ne081

Post by ne081 »

I see theres been an update to 0.3.6.Awesome,but the new icon when the page is loading isnt showing for me and i havent gotten the scrolling to work yet either.Do we need a fresh install of the extension you think?If i understood right we use the mouse scroll wheel over the thumbnail to scroll the page right?Thanks for the updates
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

ne081 wrote:I see theres been an update to 0.3.6.Awesome,but the new icon when the page is loading isnt showing for me and i havent gotten the scrolling to work yet either.Do we need a fresh install of the extension you think?If i understood right we use the mouse scroll wheel over the thumbnail to scroll the page right?Thanks for the updates

About the icon problem, you're using a theme other than the default, right? On the next version I'll include the loading icon in the extension itself, so there won't be any problem.

About the scroll, I'm not sure why it's not working. Maybe there's a conflict with another extension? It works as you said: when the mouse cursor is over a thumbnail, use the scroll wheel to scroll it up or down. Make sure that the thumbnail image is long enough to be scrolled.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

After installing Speed Dial in another computer, I saw the thumbnails "wobbling". If you've that problem, you may try to toggle the "extensions.speeddial.thumbnailSequentialUpdate" preference from "true" to "false" in the "about:config" panel.
ne081

Post by ne081 »

Ok,thanks for the tips and yes i am using a theme other than default.I had a feeling it was something to do with that.Im not sure if i see it wobbling.I dont really see any movement so i guess that would be a no.I will try disabling a few things that could be conflicting with it and play with this some more.Thanks for your quick replies
mag_sol76

Can´t get Speed Dial to work correctly

Post by mag_sol76 »

Speed Dial doesn´t work correctly for me. When I open a new tab it works as a charm but when the browser start or when I close all tabs (have the setting to always show a tab) it doesn´t. I have TMP installed but it´s the same when I disable it. What to do? I want SD to be always visible when no other tabs are loaded (and yes, I have "Open in new blank tab" and "Blank windows" ticked)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Any chance of porting Speed Dial to SeaMonkey?

Phil
mogster

Re: Can´t get Speed Dial to work correctly

Post by mogster »

mag_sol76 wrote:Speed Dial doesn´t work correctly for me. When I open a new tab it works as a charm but when the browser start or when I close all tabs (have the setting to always show a tab) it doesn´t. I have TMP installed but it´s the same when I disable it. What to do? I want SD to be always visible when no other tabs are loaded (and yes, I have "Open in new blank tab" and "Blank windows" ticked)

Hi, the above has also been happening to me since i upgraded to the latest version. Any idea why it's happening and how it can be solved?
mag_sol76

Post by mag_sol76 »

I downgraded to the previous version and that works fine (after a couple of restarts). The only annoyng thing is that firefox wants to update the extension every time i start firefox
Sumer

Post by Sumer »

Hello, I have a memory leak with speed dial
(Leak monitor https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2490) :

Leaks in window 0x84b91f8:
[+] [leaked object] (8d68d48) = [Object]
[+] observe (8d68d40, chrome://speeddial/content/speeddialOverlay.js, 902-906) = [Function]
[ ] prototype (192a7d0) = [Object]

When : Open a new blank window with only speed dial as a tab. Close this window. Move the mouse over any toolbars.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

mag_sol76 wrote:Speed Dial doesn´t work correctly for me. When I open a new tab it works as a charm but when the browser start or when I close all tabs (have the setting to always show a tab) it doesn´t. I have TMP installed but it´s the same when I disable it. What to do? I want SD to be always visible when no other tabs are loaded (and yes, I have "Open in new blank tab" and "Blank windows" ticked)

Sorry for the delay. I'll certainly look into that issue! It should work when the browser starts for sure. As for showing it when all the tabs are closed, I'm planning to add an option for that. I'm working in a new release that should be ready in a couple of weeks, so I'll try to have it ready by then.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

Sumer wrote:Hello, I have a memory leak with speed dial
(Leak monitor https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2490) :

Leaks in window 0x84b91f8:
[+] [leaked object] (8d68d48) = [Object]
[+] observe (8d68d40, chrome://speeddial/content/speeddialOverlay.js, 902-906) = [Function]
[ ] prototype (192a7d0) = [Object]

When : Open a new blank window with only speed dial as a tab. Close this window. Move the mouse over any toolbars.

Someone sent me that very same leak, and I think I already fixed it. However, I'll install that extension just in case :) Will be fixed in the next release for sure!
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

mogster wrote:

Hi, the above has also been happening to me since i upgraded to the latest version. Any idea why it's happening and how it can be solved?

Probably a conflict of some kind with TMP? I'll check that.

As for the second problem, I plan to fix it as soon as possible.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

Philip Chee wrote:Any chance of porting Speed Dial to SeaMonkey?

Phil

I can't see any reason why I couldn't make it work in SeaMonkey :)

I'll look into porting it after the next release. I'm quite sure it will be easier than with Firefox Showcase!

One question for you: Speed Dial needs Gecko 1.8.1 or newer. This is used in SeaMonkey since 1.1, right?
mag_sol76

Post by mag_sol76 »

It is not a conflict with TMP as the problem persists even without TMP installed and/or activated
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

joseprio wrote:I'll look into porting it after the next release. I'm quite sure it will be easier than with Firefox Showcase!

One question for you: Speed Dial needs Gecko 1.8.1 or newer. This is used in SeaMonkey since 1.1, right?
Thank you. Yes SeaMonkey 1.1 => Gecko 1.8.1. by the way you should get your extensions SuiteRunner ready as it's reasonably dogfoodable.

Phil