How to reopen recently closed window...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Stormmind

How to reopen recently closed window...

Post by Stormmind »

I sometimes have several windows open and manage to close the wrong one - all tabs gone. Pain! =/

How can I reopen the window with all tabs intact again? Any plugins that work?

Thanks!
WebsterM0968

Post by WebsterM0968 »

Top Task Bar: 'History'

(So long as you haven't 'cleared all private data')
trolly

Post by trolly »

Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Stormmind

Post by Stormmind »

History doesn't work unfortunately, since I may have tabs that I opened many days ago.

About session-manager:
Does it conflict with firefox's built in saving feature? Hmm maybe should try before I built up the tabs again =)
trolly

Post by trolly »

This one does not conflict. As far as i know it uses the internal session manager and enhances its capabilities.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Stormmind

Post by Stormmind »

Ah sounds great. Thanks, I'll try it out!
Stormmind

Post by Stormmind »

I am currently having a problem with session-saver, where it restores the previous session with all tabs empty. Fortunately it managed to save one session with all tabs right, but I'm wondering if it will save new tabs correctly. I'll investigate the issue an post the results here.
Stormmind

Uninstalled...

Post by Stormmind »

I didn't manage to make it work properly. Upon restart, the firefox opens the window with all the tabs but then the contents of all the tabs is cleared and they are just "untitled". As soon as I disable session manager, all is working properly. I also tryed disabling all of my other addons but to no vail. Choosing to restore the previous session manually works fine and all the tabs load correctly. I got a tip to create a new profile and reinstall all my settings and addons one after one trying with one makes this fail, but I'm a lazy bum and not rather risk loosing some information from my profile. I'll just have to do without session manager.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Did you look thru this thread for similar problems?
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=507409

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Stormmind

Post by Stormmind »

Yes, I've posted my problem and the creator hasn't been able to replicate it. I'm still conversing to maybe find the cause.