MSN Messenger

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
michaelvdorpe

MSN Messenger

Post by michaelvdorpe »

My brother, who I just 'converted' away from IE to FB, tells me that he doesn't have the problem that clicking on a link in MSN Messenger opens IE instead of FB. However, he does not know why that is.

Does anybody know how I can get MSN Messenger use FB instead of IE?

Thanks!
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

michaelvdorpe

Post by michaelvdorpe »

That doesn't help me, firebird is set as my default browser already, but MSN Messenger doesn't seem to care about that.

Windows XP
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

1. Check under Start/Set Access and Default....
2. Check under Control Panel/Folder Options/Files so that each and every protocol you would like to be handled by Firebird are set to do so.
3. Check in Firebird - Tools/Options/General Default Browser
4. You could also try to make a new installation using the setup/install version of Firebird. That way any needed key in the registry will be setup correctly.
Canyonnero

Post by Canyonnero »

I think I had this problem too. Eventually I installed Avant Browser which I hated, but to reclaim all the associations from it I had to dig through the registry one by one and change them back to Firebird. Sometime in that process it got fixed. So you make just have to dig through the registry and look for references to IE for the one you want.