New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

I am submitting this only for laughs! It's not on topic...
http://www.datalk.com/3371-post.html
Read at your own risk.

Shingoshi
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Ok. I wasn't really paying attention to the full context of the Console2 topic. I installed it because Seamaiden said it's an extension no one should be without (or something like that). I have been having so many issues with so many things, that I thought having a tool like Console2 would be very helpful. I didn't realize the theming issue until I installed it. So what is the final solution that has been agreed upon to resolve this? Mac, are you going to fix this, or do we have to wait until Phil does. It sounded like he was passing it off to you.

Shingoshi.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Hey Mac,
I think you offered to write a css to compensate for the black on black issue with Show MyIP icon. We discussed it back here. http://forums.mozillazine.org/posting.p ... &p=2964606 Could you actually do that?

Shingoshi
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Shingoshi wrote:Mac, are you going to fix this, or do we have to wait until Phil does. It sounded like he was passing it off to you.
There are two proposed solutions. The one by mcdavis941 involves a small change on my side and a bunch of CSS on his side. The solution suggested to me on #irc involves basically the same css but in a slightly different location in his theme.jar. I'm waiting for a reply as to which he thinks is the better solution.

Phil
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Thanks Philip for the clarification. Sorry for implying that you might not have wanted to take care of this.

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Philip Chee wrote:
Shingoshi wrote:Mac, are you going to fix this, or do we have to wait until Phil does. It sounded like he was passing it off to you.
There are two proposed solutions. The one by mcdavis941 involves a small change on my side and a bunch of CSS on his side. The solution suggested to me on #irc involves basically the same css but in a slightly different location in his theme.jar. I'm waiting for a reply as to which he thinks is the better solution.

Phil

Phil, I've been traveling for a couple days and won't be able to get back to you about this for a couple more. I'll be in touch as soon as I can. Thanks again.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Enjoy your travels, if you can!

Shingoshi
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

I probably asked for this before, so forgive me. But I really would like you to provide a scrollbar for the tabbar. Either by altering an existing extension, such as Tab Overflow Scrollbar (TOS) (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3726) or Bookmarks Scrollbar (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2600), which I have found to provide scrolling for other things as well. TOS won't work with Tab Mix Plus, and the author doesn't care that it doesn't. I don't know which of the two would be simpler to modify, but one of them might be the solution.

Shingoshi
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Philip,
I don't know if this is related to the Night Launch theme or not. If it has been discussed, please ignore this. If not, I need to inform you that Console2 also interferes with the functioning of Searchbar Autosizer (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1172).

As Console2 conflicts with this extension also, I think this is the issue of your extension, and should not be passed on to the author of Searchbar Autosizer. I am guessing, although maybe erroneously, that it conflicts with other extensions as well. I think the common point is that it conflicts with extensions which themselves interact with the user interface. If that is true, the issue of fixings these things should reside with you.

If all of these errors only occur with Console2 installed in Night Launch, I imagine that may lessen the burden on you fixing this. However, if these results are common to more than one extension, it does not. I have written the author of Searchbar Autosizer, to determine if he is getting recent complaints of it not working. I have done this to determine if this is only limited to this theme or not.

Shingoshi
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Please repost in this thread: [Ext] Console² 0.3.8 [2007-08-14]. Also please be specific as to the exact nature of the interference. Thanks.

Phil
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Philip Chee wrote:Please repost in this thread: [Ext] Console² 0.3.8 [2007-08-14]. Also please be specific as to the exact nature of the interference. Thanks.

Phil

Sorry I wasn't specific. Console2 eliminates the resizing of the searchbox. I will repost it as requested.

reposted here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 41#3019941

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi wrote:Hey Mac,
I think you offered to write a css to compensate for the black on black issue with Show MyIP icon. We discussed it back here. http://forums.mozillazine.org/posting.p ... &p=2964606 Could you actually do that?

Shingoshi

It seemed like it would be possible to change the color of the statusbar in the area behind the icon for better contrast and hence visibility.

So Shingoshi, when are you going to start learning CSS? It's not that hard and you're talking with the right bunch of people to learn. It seems like you're chomping at the bit to make a contribution and make a difference, and CSS could be a good place to start.

I'm assuming you don't already know CSS, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to tolerate mismatches in appearance between Firefox and extensions I don't yet have explicit rules to handle.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

mcdavis941 wrote:
Shingoshi wrote:Hey Mac,

Shingoshi

It seemed like it would be possible to change the color of the statusbar in the area behind the icon for better contrast and hence visibility.

So Shingoshi, when are you going to start learning CSS? It's not that hard and you're talking with the right bunch of people to learn. It seems like you're chomping at the bit to make a contribution and make a difference, and CSS could be a good place to start.

I'm assuming you don't already know CSS, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to tolerate mismatches in appearance between Firefox and extensions I don't yet have explicit rules to handle.

If you are saying that you would help me to learn how to write CSS, I am eager to learn (especially from the best)!

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Philip Chee wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:All I had to do was edit your richlistbox.xml in the inner jar (console2.jar) by replacing the <content> tag for the first binding with the line:

<content fromConsole2="true">

because any attributes on the content tag in the binding are applied to the bound element itself.
OK I am planning to use <content Console2themeable="true"> but in the mean time Neil over on #irc said:
NeilAway> why can't NASA write his own version of chrome://console2/skin/richlistbox.css ?
NeilAway> just add skin console2 nightlaunch/1.0 jar:whatever! to the chrome.manifest
Would this be a better solution?

Phil

Phil,

My preference would be to go with <content Console2themeable="true">. This seems to be working and it'll get me what I need. Also, if I redirect chrome://console2/skin/ into my theme, then I would also need to pull in versions of your other CSS files and icons (right?), which would be extra work I'd rather avoid.

Or was Neil suggesting something else? If by any chance you saved more of your IRC chat with Neil, I'd be interested in seeing what else if anything was said.

Unless I'm missing something, since adding the Console2themeable attribute is not much work on your part, that's what I'd like to go with.
kernal7

Post by kernal7 »

I was able to test NNL on a new disk with a clean install of OS X 10.4.10 and no previous Firefox install. Still the same text and background color combination of light blue background with gray text in both TMP session manager dropdown box and with add a bookmark dropdown box. Thus it appears the color combination is not the result of a previously installed theme. Again, as one begins to type, the background color changes to black, so it is just a minor nit.