[Ext] Console² 0.8 [2011-07-15]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Philip Chee

[Ext] Console² 0.8 [2011-07-15]

Post by Philip Chee »

Extension: Console²
Version: 0.8
Release Date: 2011-07-15
Compatibility: Firefox 3.0 to 9, Thunderbird 3.0 to 9, SeaMonkey 2.0 to 2.6

Console² replaces the JavaScript Console with what could be the next generation Error Console.

For more information, see the new homepage at http://console2.mozdev.org/.
Revision History, Screenshots, Contributors, Source Code, Bugs.

Download:
Console² 0.8

Latest developmental snapshot:
http://downloads.mozdev.org/console2/console2-0.8dev.xpi

This release works with Firefox 3.0+, Thunderbird 3.0+, SeaMonkey 2.0+, and most probably the current trunk/branch nightlies.

Console² can also be installed in Fennec, Flock, Sunbird, and eMusic Download Manager, but compatibility is not guaranteed and we cannot provide any support if you have problems with these applications.

What's new:
Version: 0.8

• [new] Add class="padded" to the TextboxEval textbox to assist themers.
  • [fix] Firefox App button Web Developer menu item changed id.
  • [fix] Use |newlines="replacewithspaces"| for the Eval textbox.
  • [fix] XPConnect and resource:// errors are chrome errors not content.
  • [fix] Legacy strict errors are warnings.
  • [fix] Locale syntax errors in chrome.manifest.
  • [fix] Fix duplicate menu items in the Firefox Web Developer menus.
  • [babelzilla] New locale Serbian (sr). Updated Locale French (fr). Renamed locales (de-DE, fr-FR, nl-NL, pl-PL) to (de, fr, nl, pl).

Phil
Last edited by Philip Chee on July 19th, 2011, 8:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Hi Philip,
This was first posted here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 65#3019865

Here is my repost. I have experienced that Console2 eliminates the resizing function of Searchbar Autosizer (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1172). It leaves a box which is practically impossible to enter text in. After disabling another extension (CleanHide: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3648) which I initially thought was responsible for this, I found that the condition persisted. So I then thought what else had I recently changed, and realized it could be Console2. Upon disabling Console2, I immediately had my searchbar back as it should be. Now, the crazy thing is that when I re-enabled CleanHide, the problem reoccurred. So I disabled it again, and the problem disappeared. I am now keeping both of them disabled.

Shingoshi
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I am using Searchbar Autosizer 1.3.7 and Console² 0.3.8 with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5pre) Gecko/20070702 BonEcho/2.0.0.5pre. The autosizer seems to work as designed. The searchbox expands as I type more letters into it. In the second mode of operation as soon as I hit the box it expands to the width I set it to in the Configuration Assistant. Are you sure you didn't accidentally put it into the third setting which is for a fixed width searchbox?

Phil
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Do you mean the "Revert to default search engine when query is submitted? I don't think so, because it is working now.

I have just disabled the revert feature. It is still working with that setting. I must not understand you.

Shingoshi

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070731 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Dropline GNOME) - Build ID: 2007073114
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I used the Configuration Assistant wizard not the advanced options. In the former there are three modes you can select. All three modes work for me. Try this: create a new profile. Install only Console2 and the Searchbar autosizer extensions. Do you still see the problem?

Phil
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Philip Chee wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:Thank you for being willing to help me out. Dark themes are kind of a fringe case so I appreciate it.
Please wait at least 12 hours for the mozdev mirrors to synchronize before downloading the Testing Version: Console² 0.3.8+ from http://console2.mozdev.org/. Thanks.
Phil

On the Mozdev page, the link says

Testing Version: Console² 0.3.8+

but it links to

console2-0.3.7+.xpi

Is this something to look at, or has it just not pushed out yet? Thanks.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Oh silly me I changed the text but forgot to change the actual link! Here, the next time I make such a mistake you can use this URL to get to the actual download mirrors: http://downloads.mozdev.org/console2/. Everytime you hit this link you'll be sent to a random mirror. Here is a direct link: console2-0.3.8+.xpi. I hope I get it right this time!

Phil
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Thanks Phil. I see the new attribute in there. Thanks again for being willing to accommodate this.

BTW, on a separate topic, I just noticed this for Minefield and I thought it might impact you (maybe you've seen it already):

Bug 335383 - menu and toolbar accesskeys clash in suiterunner JS console

This one impacts the Error Console's toolbarbutton icons. For Fx2, the CSS selectors in global/console/console.css test the value of the "observes" attribute. For Fx3, broadcasters/observers are not used here, so id's were added to the toolbarbutton elements and the CSS needs to use id selectors.

Hope that helps.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

mcdavis941 wrote:This one impacts the Error Console's toolbarbutton icons. For Fx2, the CSS selectors in global/console/console.css test the value of the "observes" attribute. For Fx3, broadcasters/observers are not used here, so id's were added to the toolbarbutton elements and the CSS needs to use id selectors.
Thanks for the heads up. I actually had this in my bookmarks somewhere but I forgot to cc myself to this bug. I certainly need to fix the clashing access keys problem.

However, I will readily admit to be almost totally clueless with css managing mostly by trial and error. So if you could explain how the Console2 toolbarbuttons are affected as it doesn't use <code>chrome://global/skin/console/console.css</code> but the css from it's own skin directory <code>chrome://console2/skin/console-toolbar.css</code>.

Phil
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Philip Chee wrote:So if you could explain how the Console2 toolbarbuttons are affected as it doesn't use <code>chrome://global/skin/console/console.css</code> but the css from it's own skin directory <code>chrome://console2/skin/console-toolbar.css</code>.

I'll check it out.

BTW I'm glad to help with CSS any time. I'll email you with my address.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

I don't know if this is what the earlier remarks about Console2 were referring to or not. But this is what I am experiencing with the latest version of Console2.
Notice my extension list in the sidebar. The gray text is actually for my disabled extensions. The text for my enabled extensions is barely visible.

Shingoshi
Last edited by Old Shingoshi on August 22nd, 2007, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi, Your version of NNL probably doesn't have the right rules in it to match the attribute name we finally settled on for Console2. The next NNL version will likely fix that up.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

mcdavis941 wrote:Shingoshi, Your version of NNL probably doesn't have the right rules in it to match the attribute name we finally settled on for Console2. The next NNL version will likely fix that up.

Thanks Mac,
Excellent!!

Shingoshi

I could test the upcoming version to make sure, if you have a copy you can send me.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

I'll let you know when it's up.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

In the mean time, if you know how to do so, you could locate the chrome.manifest associated with Console2 and delete or comment out the last two lines, the ones that say:

Code: Select all

override   chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml   chrome://console2/content/global/richlistbox.xml
override   chrome://global/skin/richlistbox.css   chrome://console2/skin/richlistbox.css

Phil