IE THREAT - Not able to open firefox browser

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
princedmedia

IE THREAT - Not able to open firefox browser

Post by princedmedia »

heloo, there is a weird message that says, "I DNT HATE MOZILLA USE IE OR ELSE...." with a pop-up window with the heading "USE INTERNET EXPLORER U DOPE".
This appears wen i try to install or open my existing firefos browser. can the team at mozilla try to rectify this message`s intention. I believe this is part of some crank who hates mozilla or from microsoft itself as they are loosing people using their Internet Explorer browser.

My computer is updated with the latest virus defn`s from AVG and there is a folder named "HEAP41 a" showing in the AVG scan selected areas window, but not in the explorer window, wen i select all files on the C drive, its says there is a hidden folder, wen i try to change the attributes in the folder options menu "show all files" and click "apply" still i`m not able to view the folder, again i try to change the option which resets back to "do not show hidden files or system files". I`m not able to figure out the problem. Even scanning the whole drive with AVG updated to this day, there are no traces of virus threats.
Please advice me to get rid of this error and help to use firefox as i`m a mozilla fan and i wish to educate people about this error. kindly reach me at
** e-mail address removed by moderator **
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I removed your e-mail address because we do not give email support. To do so would deprive other users of the information offered in a response to your topic. More importantly, spammers harvest email addresses from public forums like this.
steviex

Post by steviex »

OK You got this from an infected thumb drive... Its a worm

Read this for help to remove it... Follow all the links... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Use_IE_messag ... ng_Firefox
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

From where did you download Firefox?

The solution may require extreme measures. Try the following:

1. Download a new copy of the Firefox installer from www.mozilla.com
2. Uninstall Firefox
3. Delete the Firefox program directory
4. Backup your profile - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder can get you started
5. Delete your profile
6. Reboot
7. Install Firefox from the freshly downloaded copy
8. Let us know if the problem resurfaces.

Post by Guest »

I DIN`T MEAN TO GET A PERSONAL REPLY BY MAIL AND I`M SORRY ABOUT THAT. BUT MY INTENTION WAS TO GET A SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM AND NOT A PERSONAL ATTENTION, AND THNKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT IT TO AVOID FURTHER REPETETION. BYE DAIFNE...
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Please turn off you caps lock. Typing in all caps is considered shouting on the Internet and is much harder to read.

No reason to get upset and shout at me. It was done for your protection...

Post by Guest »

sorry again...
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Did you solve the problem??

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
princedmedia

Post by princedmedia »

Tried Avast and HijackThis, no positive results, rescanned with AVG all the 3 partitions of my HDD. uninstalled firefox, removed the folder and reinstalled firefox, but installation was interrupted at ever step, though successfully installed, not able to open browser, the same weird message....... any further methods except formatting the drive ???
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Did you read the link steviex gave you?
steviex

Post by steviex »

This is the direct link to the removal instructions http://www.freewebs.com/mgsujith/worm/remove.html
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.

solution

Post by Guest »

go to task manager and end processes of all svchost.exe <with>two of them when you start your computer each time
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

4 months too late with that advice
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
steviex

Post by steviex »

I believe the instructions in my link, will kill it.... Thanks to octoguy, over on FreeWebs....

shyam12

its a virus

Post by shyam12 »

1....take task manager..check for svchost.exe....under your user name
2....end task it
3...Take Run .....type C:\heap41a.....delete all the files in it.............not sure its 41 or 42 ...try both