Thunderbird stopped sending messages to email lists

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mozusr39

Thunderbird stopped sending messages to email lists

Post by mozusr39 »

I frequently send infomation to the same lists of friend/colleagues. All of a sudden, Thunderbird stopped accepting the lists. I get an error message stating: List-name<"List-name"> is not a valid e-mail address because it is not of the form user@host. You must correct it before sending the e-mail. The curious thing is that I can send the first message but I will get the error message at all other attempts, unless I close Thunderbird and reopen it. Can you help?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

There is a little problem that causes this if the list name has a space in it. Remove the space and you should be fine.
mozusr39

Post by mozusr39 »

Daifne wrote:There is a little problem that causes this if the list name has a space in it. Remove the space and you should be fine.
Unfortunately, it did not work. If I eliminate the spaces in the list names, nothing works. This is really strange.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

That really is. Since you said they will send once, are you maybe running into some limits from your email provider? Some set a limit to how many you can send in a certain time limit.

SENDING BULK EMAILS

Post by Guest »

I am unable to send bulk emails . My server allows 50 at a time and I could do this with my previous outlook programme. Thunderbird says I have invalid email addresses, yet it sends to them indidually.
at most I was able to send to four at a time but next time it would only send one. Any ideas on the soulution
J
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Guest,
You have a different problem. Please start a new topic. These issues can get quite involved and helping more than one person in a topic just confuses everyone. Thanks.
JerJax

TB won't recognize e-mail lists

Post by JerJax »

Daifne wrote:There is a little problem that causes this if the list name has a space in it. Remove the space and you should be fine.

The elimination of spaces doesn't seem to have any effect on this issue. The problem with the program not recognizing lists started in the latest update and seems to be intermittent. It WILL send two or three list mails, then won't recognize even the same list you sent to earlier in the same session. After closing and reopening Thunderbird, it will send another one or two lists, then the same problem presents. I'm on an Intel Mac Book Pro with the latest OS X. This seems to not be an isolated occurrence based on conversations I've had with other users and other posts here. Anyone have a solution other than going back to an earlier version of TB?

Re: Thunderbird stopped sending messages to email lists

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem with thunderbird 2.0023 and 1 vista home basic machine when attempting to forward an email to a distribution list. the name comes up in autocomplete. After sending I get an error message stating: List-name<"List-name"> is not a valid e-mail address because it is not of the form user@host. No messages are sent. Anyone found a solution to this problem?
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird stopped sending messages to email lists

Post by DanRaisch »

Guest, review the thread here and check the list name for any non-standard characters (including spaces). Also try changing the name of the list or recreating it.

If none of this resolves the issue, please start a new topic. You have posted here to a thread that died out over two years ago when a different version of Thunderbird was in use.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.