After installing Firefox update 2.07 it will not connect?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
trolly

Post by trolly »

Already tried EnumProcess just in case?
Other security software can block too. I had at least one case that a virus scanner blocked firefox.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
djalliance

Post by djalliance »

trolly wrote:That's a known problem of Norton. Screwing up the settings. Some people call it the most brain-dead firewall available.

BTW: It is all mentioned here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls#Nor ... t_Security and the link was already posted above.

tried everything and still no joy. Tried my laptop and still the same problems.

Got my friend to look att he connections who works for some it company and he is baffled by it.
Chris2412

Post by Chris2412 »

Hi. I am having the same problem after the update,Firefox wont connect anymore. All other browsers do.

Firewall is not the problem. I tried it all. Opening everything up. giving special access to firefox, turning them all down.
But firefox still wont connect. Im pretty dure its a bug. :(

Anyone has a clue, i would be glad.

Post by Guest »

trolly wrote:Already tried EnumProcess just in case?
Other security software can block too. I had at least one case that a virus scanner blocked firefox.

Read above i put a post up saying what was highlighted orange. Aint got a clue what EnumProcess is suppsoed to do. i have done EVERYTHING i can possibly do apart from the dial up connection.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Orange are processes suspected to have something to do with security software/firewalls. Definitely identified processes show in red.

ok, there is one solved case caused by a malfunctioning norton firewall. One ZA that does not work (even ZA can screw up and block so try to uninstall and reinstall it). Any other security software?
Last edited by trolly on September 19th, 2007, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
oxeneer

Post by oxeneer »

im having the exact same problem.
what to do?
djalliance

Post by djalliance »

trolly wrote:Orange are processes suspected to have something to do with security software/firewalls. Definitely identified processes show in red.

Well I turned off my firewall (both windows and norton) and Spysweper. But still no connection. I even cleand something on my system to do with DSP or summit like that. Still no joy. I tried my laptop, no joy. Surely something isnt right with firefox? Everyone doesnt have any unfixable problems with a 64bt system but with 32bit not one person can connect to fiefox!!!
trolly

Post by trolly »

My .7 installs (all 32 bit) works fine. Ok, i have no firewall here but my old W2K system at home has and i think it will work just nicely after updating.

One hint: Is it able to boot windows into safe mode with network and try there?

I can only repeat that the only change was an added check for invalid urls from quicktime.
Chris2412

Post by Chris2412 »

It got even worse.

I decided to make a clean install of Firefox 2.0.
First i made s safey copy of all my Ff-stuff. Than i unsinstalled, and deleteted every file left that is connected to fiefox. Also the hidden ones in Doc & Settings (profiles..).

I reinstalled Firefox. Compeltly new, When Firefox booted up, none of my stuff was there any more (plugins, bookmarks,..). Which i wanted to be so i can be sure i have a clean install, without grabbing back on the uninstalled files.

Anyhow, the news is. Now my new installed Firefox 2.0 (i still had this exe form months ago), isnt connecting neither. Im bluffed <_>
RedCardinal

Post by RedCardinal »

trolly wrote:One ZA that does not work (even ZA can screw up and block so try to uninstall and reinstall it). Any other security software?

Hello - what makes you jump to the conclusion that it doesn't work?
If my behaviour were isolated then I might concur and reinstall, but given tht this now has multiple reports why on earth would you make a comment which belittles your obvious intelligence?
trolly

Post by trolly »

If i have three system which run .7 just fine and see also several people posting here with .7 why should i assume that something is wrong with it?

colfer wrote:...
More info here:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:2.0.0.7:Test_Plan
It says the release will have only this one bug fix. ...

And for ZA, yes we here had already some reports of people confirming that ZA screwed up and needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled. ZA does not screw up as easily as NIS but it does sometimes.
Chris2412

Post by Chris2412 »

hehe

And i have two systems that dont run anymore since the update.

And as it looks like, it seems to spread.

Furthermore my clean new install of Firefox 2.0 is not working anymore seems even more strange.

Luckily i made a image yesterday. If thinks wont work out i might just put my image back, and hopefuilly be lucky than.
trolly

Post by trolly »

If an old version which worked before does not work anymore it is a strong hint about a malfunctioning security software.

You already tried the diagnostics? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diag ... Firefox%29
Chris2412

Post by Chris2412 »

O, I dont think i need to rool back my inage.

Im so far that when i rename my ff.exe to ff1.exe. Firefox connects again and works without problems.
Chris2412

Post by Chris2412 »

So i assuming its ZA. But tis strange that even with ZA turned off FF wont connect. Only the renaming did the trick.

Gonna have to reinstall. And hope it works fine after that.

Any other recommendations so far, before i reinstall ZA?

But i think even when the problem is ZA connected. The update has somehow something to do with it. Cuz all my PC that got the update turned out to get that problem.

PS: This is already posted under ff1.exe hehe, light at the horizon