After installing Firefox update 2.07 it will not connect?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
VanillaMozilla

Re: WOW - EASY FIX!!

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Wookie2 wrote:The fiorewall chase was a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIMER. EnumProcess and all that BS just diodn't get me any help.

I simply renamed Firefox.exe to Firefox1.exe and now the new Firefox comes to life!

<b>FACE IT GUYS - you have a BUG!!</b>

Wookie2 wrote:Stupid EZtrust FIREWALL and EZtrust Armor were the cause of the problem!
Wookie2 wrote:<b>I was confused because the silly Firewall SAID that it was turend off.</b>

Thanks for posting back. Some people think we're making this up. :banana: :mrgreen: :banana:
eR4s3R

Post by eR4s3R »

Tnx, guys... Finally I've found the solution, man, after 2 hours of firewall disabling, reinstalling, reg cleaning AND FINALLY GOOOGLING... U should just R E N A M E firefox.exe to firefox1.exe... B U G G G G G G G G G G G G !!!!!!!!!
Zach_Townley

Post by Zach_Townley »

eR4s3R wrote:Tnx, guys... Finally I've found the solution, man, after 2 hours of firewall disabling, reinstalling, reg cleaning AND FINALLY GOOOGLING... U should just R E N A M E firefox.exe to firefox1.exe... B U G G G G G G G G G G G G !!!!!!!!!

This was someone sounding very much like you earlier (using the guest name Wookie):

"Stupid EZtrust FIREWALL and EZtrust Armor were the cause of the problem!

I followed the directions at:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls#eTrust_EZ_Firewall

BINGO - problem solved.

These annoying programs ought to warn you that they are still running
even when they are turned off!"

And you blame Firefox for not telling you that programs such as "Stupid EZtrust FIREWALL and EZtrust Armor were the cause of the problem!"
Last edited by Zach_Townley on September 25th, 2007, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Which firewall did you not disable? For example Kaspersky continues blocking even if it tells you that it is disabled.

@Zach_Townley: No, it was another user (different ip). Do not assume anything about users that you can not prove.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Alexis Perrier

My humble contribution

Post by Alexis Perrier »

Same context.
No firewall (only win firewall which is disabled)
Turned off Kapersky.

No connection with FF to www.google.com
but connection to http://72.14.207.99/ (one of google IP)

renamed firefox.exe to firefox1.exe
works now.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Do you have WebShield active?
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Big O

Renamed firefox program to change firewall issues.

Post by Big O »

On main firefox page download go to other versions. Manually choose english version. Download it and renamed download. At install I again renamed the firefox program myself to Mozilla Firefox1. It installed and loaded fine with no firewall issues. I run Norton 360 and I checked my firewall settings. There are now two firewall settings for firefox. Firefox and Firefox1. Firefox firewall is stilled allowed but firefox1 is custom. Try this and maybe it works for you.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

I really hate to see this, Big O. It means there is an error in setting up the environment. I would think it's either security software or malware. If it were mine, I would want to find it. Try deleting the questionable entry from the firewall access list. This forces the firewall to start over, and this often works. A lot of these firewalls are apparently pretty unreliable.
Makotis

same issues

Post by Makotis »

Firefox will not connect on any of my 3 pc's since todays update.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Which security software do you have?