Where is the bookmarks folder of firefox?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kwstasz

Post by kwstasz »

Hello everybody.
Please tell me, where can I find the bookmarks folder so I can back up them.

Thank you! :roll:
frcan

Post by frcan »

In your profile folder.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bookmarks

You must see the hidden files & folders to find it.
For Windows 2000 and XP users

If you cannot find your profile folder: In Windows 2000 and XP, the default profile locations listed below are inside the "Application Data" folder, which is hidden; in order to see it, you will need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders:

* In Windows Explorer (or My Computer), click: "Tools → Folder Options → View (tab) → Show Hidden files and folders".

If you are having trouble finding your "Application Data" folder, you may wish to make use of the %APPDATA% environment variable, which points to the location of the folder for the logged-in user. For example:

* "Start → Run → %APPDATA% will open the "Application Data" folder.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Firefox Support
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

The easiest way to back up your bookmarks (which are stored as a single file by Firefox) is to go to Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks --> File -> Export. Put 'bookmarks.html' wherever you want to back it up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds

Post by Guest »

Tad Ghostal wrote:The easiest way to back up your bookmarks (which are stored as a single file by Firefox) is to go to Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks --> File -> Export. Put 'bookmarks.html' wherever you want to back it up.

When I try to follow this procedure I get an error message that I'm not allowed to open this file, that I have to get permission from the administrator.

I'm using Win 98 and Firefox 2.0.0.7
trolly

Post by trolly »

The source or the destination file?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.

Exporting bookmarks

Post by Guest »

Source, I believe, I can't get very far. I'm trying to save them to a cd, so I can load them onto my new pc. I have quite a few bookmarks.

Bookmark Backup

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Tad Ghostal wrote:
The easiest way to back up your bookmarks (which are stored as a single file by Firefox) is to go to Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks --> File -> Export. Put 'bookmarks.html' wherever you want to back it up.

When I try to follow this procedure I get an error message that I'm not allowed to open this file, that I have to get permission from the administrator.

Ensure you are logged in as root when performing this action!

Post by Guest »

Worked fine for me, thanks.
max forks

Re: Exporting bookmarks

Post by max forks »

Anonymous wrote:, so I can load them onto my new pc. I have quite a few bookmarks.
http://www.foxmarks.com/

Re: Where is the bookmarks folder of firefox?

Post by Guest »

well done.

http://www.foxmarks.com/............saved my ass. wasnt able to back up favs. I modified my items. SAVE MY A$$.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!
LIMPET235

Re: Where is the bookmarks folder of firefox?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Thanks for the feedback but this thread is 14 months old.

Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)