facebook login

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
steve79

facebook login

Post by steve79 »

We just downloaded Firefox. Now we can't login to Facebook. " could not establish an encrypted connection because certificate presented by login. . has an invalid signature
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

It works for me. Did you make any adjustments to your firewall after installing Firefox?
steve79

facebook login

Post by steve79 »

No changes were made. We just downloaded Firefox since we were have IE7 problems that could not fixed
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

You need to tell your firewall to allow Firefox through.
steve79

facebook login

Post by steve79 »

I added firefox to my exceptions on the firewall to allow it to function. Now I got this message:

"Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

The request line contained invalid characters following the protocol string."

Why does firefox block certain sites? or What is the problem here?
STEVE79

facebook login

Post by STEVE79 »

I just turned off my AVG resident shield and tried again. I searched for facebook and then clicked on the homepage in the search results. I was immediately taken to a site for "Missing and Expolted Children"
steve79

facebook login

Post by steve79 »

new message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

Please try clearing your Private Data via Tools | Clear Private Data
steve79

facebook,login

Post by steve79 »

Sorry but nothing you have suggested has helped
old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

What kind of problems were you having with IE7? Have you scanned for a virus or malware recently?
steve79

facebook login

Post by steve79 »

Simmilar situation as I could not get to my online banking, facebook or other sites. I spent and hour on the phone with microsoft. We finally went back to a reset point two weeks prior to the problem. That seemed to work but within two hours it was back to the same ole problems. Yes I have run SpyBot, SpySweeper and AVG anti virus It has to be a conflict between security and the program but I don't know what

Post by Guest »

old SKopischke

Post by old SKopischke »

If the problem exists with both IE7 and Firefox, the source of the problem is very likely neither application, but something else in your system, network, applications, etc. What are you using for anti-virus and firewall?

Post by Guest »

AVG anti virus & firewall. I have had it for about 1.5 years without problem. But it does not surprise me it could have a conflict. Makes sense.

What does the following refer to?

The website www. . does not support encryption for the page you are viewing.
steve79

facebook,login

Post by steve79 »

As far as I can tell I have only Microsoft firewall. When I turned it off nothing changed. I got this in the site bar at the top of the page when I tried to get to facebook.

http://cnt.dvdive.com/r.php?d=164373&u= ... NlLmNvbQ==