Exception... Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mikesz

Exception... Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff

Post by mikesz »

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff(NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)
[nsIDOMUXLDocument_MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH.popupRangeParent]" nsresult:"0x8000ffff
(NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)location: "JS frame::chrone://browser/content/broswer.js::
anonymous::line3932" data:no]

Happens multiple times a day since updating to 2.0.07 just a few days ago. Kills all the open sessions, usually four or five so they don't work even though you can access them individually, you can not do anything with them and have to close them or kill the process to get them to restart. VERY annoying BUG!

Post by Guest »

Exit Firefox completely
and start browsing in Firefox safemode for a while.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
mikesz

Post by mikesz »

Gotcha, will do that and see what comes ... thanks, mikesz
markkal123

Post by markkal123 »

i have the same problem. just started running in safe mode to troubleshoot. if you get anywhere would you mind posting back?

this was my post on that problem:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... highlight=
mikesz

Post by mikesz »

As I could have predicted easily, running for several days in Safe Mode completely masked the problem so that it does not occur. However, today I noticed (as I did previously when I was getting the error message) that FireFox has sucked up ALL available memory and then some running 10 sessions doing nothing special, other than reviewing the contents of some search results for tutorials about SMTP. I'd say that 527,040K would be a little excessive for anything that I might be doing in FireFox and sure as hell looks like a race condition to me...

Comments?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

If running in Safe Mode fixes the problem then it's an extension or theme causing this problem
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
mikesz

Post by mikesz »

I think you may have overlooked a key point, FireFox sucked up all my system memory in BOTH modes so I am NOT prepared to conceded its an extension problem... but I might entertain a memory leak in FireFox...