Digital Signatures

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
polira

Digital Signatures

Post by polira »

I want to create a digital signature, but am not sure how. Can someone point me in the right direction?
polira

Post by polira »

i found this site in case anyone is interested:

http://www.verisign.com/products/class1/index.html

still looking for a free solution
ringuntorygd

Post by ringuntorygd »

It's ONLY for email, but try http://www.thawte.com/html/COMMUNITY/pe ... index.html . Their instructions aren't the clearest in the world, but it works with Thunderbird and is free.
sjoerger

Post by sjoerger »

In order for me to get the Thawte email certs working with TB, I had to use Netscape to create and import the the cert then export it to a file and then import it into TB which worked. I tried doing this with IE and it didn't work.
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

sjoerger wrote:In order for me to get the Thawte email certs working with TB, I had to use Netscape to create and import the the cert then export it to a file and then import it into TB which worked. I tried doing this with IE and it didn't work.

For some reason Thwate certs are IE and Moz specific as you have to specifiy the target IE/Netscape before they generate the cert.
User-Agent: Thunderbird/2.0 Alpha 1 0808

Jabber IM:XeF6@jabber.org
Omegium

Post by Omegium »

What I did was making a netscape certificate, fetch it in Firebird, export it, and import it in Thunderbird. That export could also be included in outlook, so IE and Netscape arn't that different.
shinji

Post by shinji »

Yea. I did the process on IE then exported the key and imported it to Thunderbird. I tried it with Firebird and it didn't work for me.
annastacy

Re: Digital Signatures

Post by annastacy »

polira wrote:I want to create a digital signature, but am not sure how. Can someone point me in the right direction?

The advance technologies makes the things quite easy. Just go to - http signinghub.com/service-plans.aspx and register yourself for free. Then simply upload your document there, perform your signature and send it to desired recipient by adding him/her. Its simple, secure and free. hope you will be glad after using it.
Happy Signing :)
LIMPET235

Re: Digital Signatures

Post by LIMPET235 »

You're 10 years too late.

Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)