Visited links no longer change colors

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Tanster

Visited links no longer change colors

Post by Tanster »

Hi,

As I stated above, links that I've read no longer change colors. I've checked in Tools>Options>Fonts & Colors and links are set to two different colors. I've also done about:config and I can't see anything in there to have caused this problem.

While I'm asking basic questions, I also can't find an explanation anywhere for the icons in this forum. I see "static" bells, and sometimes "ringing" bells in different colors, along with what appears to be little pages in different colors. Is there a legend posted anywhere that I've overlooked?

Thanks for your help.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030728 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

I dunno about #1, but here is #2:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=31972
(This person also sees bells. I see no bells)
Allenz

Post by Allenz »

Check to see if the visited links situation only happens on some sites. This browser behavior can be altered by the webmaster for his/her site.
Tanster

visited links

Post by Tanster »

Allenz wrote:Check to see if the visited links situation only happens on some sites. This browser behavior can be altered by the webmaster for his/her site.

This happens on all sites using FB, but the links for the same sites do change color when I use IE. I also don't see any color change after I read topics in these forums, although they did when I first installed FB.

This isn't a major problem, but it is somewhat annoying, and I wonder what I did to cause this...
tenebras_Rex

Post by tenebras_Rex »

I have the same problem.
SkyPilot

Post by SkyPilot »

One thing that can cause that is having your Tools>Options>Privacy>History set to zero days. It has to be set at to least 1 day.
James

Post by James »

tenebras_Rex, you would have been better off creating a new Thread than bumping a thread from Nov.2003 as Firebird 0.7 was the current release then. (Tanster was behind with Firebird 0.6.1)
elfoenaci2

Hey me having sames trouble :(

Post by elfoenaci2 »

I changed the setting that affects that (Tools[menu]\Options\Contents[tab]\Colors[button])
and it still doesn't show visited links with a different color.

What to do?