mozilla wont run past splash screen

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
cS

mozilla wont run past splash screen

Post by cS »

I'm running windows 95 and when i attempt to run mozilla I will see the splash screen then nothing else, ctrl-alt-del dosnt show a mozilla prosses running, what can i do?
LorD_Chaos

Post by LorD_Chaos »

I have the same problem in XP,
First day it worked perfekt but when I tried to start it on the next day
Nothing happens. I reinstalled it and it worked one day again then the same
problem... I don't want to reinstall it every day lol.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Something is seriously wrong here. With Windows 95 - have you updated your winsock-file?
If not - look on the net (google) for the latest version of winsock for Windows 95. I can not helo you much more than that since this is an obsolete OS, not suppoorted any longer. However - it should work.

Windows XP - should work just fine.

Both of you could also try to clear out the profilesfolder, make a clean install and try again. Make a backup first.

http://texturizer.net/firebird/edit.html#profile

I would also suggest that you check your systems - pardon me for saying so but the problem most likely lies there.

Post by Guest »

Ok thx you i'll try this :)
treybal

Post by treybal »

You must check this also (may work for you) cause i have the same problem a shot time ago.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=40637

ok, to brief the case was some program outdates a librarie OLEAUT32.DLL, so i have to re download a recent version. Do a search in google with that and you find a link to download.

I hope this will work for you,

Roberto
DrWhoToo

Splash screen hangs on start

Post by DrWhoToo »

This also happens with extensions. Exit Mozilla. You need to go to the chrome subdirectory of the profile directory. Delete the <strong>chrome.rdf</strong> file. When you restart Mozilla, the rdf will be recreated. Global extensions are usually still there, but not always. Local extensions will have to be reinstalled.

This normally occurs when adding an extension that confilicts with an existing one. :new-alien:
Assistant Professor of Computer Studies, Broome Community College, State University of New York<br>
Adjunct Lecturer of Computer Science, Watson School of Engineering, Binghamton University<br>

"Tell me, and I forget<br>
Show me, and I remember,<br>
Involve me, and I learn"<br>
-Lakoda-

Post by Guest »

Windows Library Update
[url=http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wuadmintools/s%5Fwunetworkingtools/w95sockets2/]Windows
Socket 2 Update[/url]
DCOM95

Those updates may be what you are looking for in order to get Mozilla to work on Win95.
TheAZN303

Post by TheAZN303 »

Im having the same problems with mozilla too!
It does not start past the splash screen, and the components of mozilla do not run.
I tried deleting the chrome.rdf file but that didnt help.
I then tried reinstalling it.
It didnt work.
At some point, i deleted the folder common files\mozilla.
That didnt help either.
Some other possibly important details about my predicament is that the process does show up in the ctrl-alt-del menu, and i deleted the profiles before the reinstallation! Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
alessandra_00

Post by alessandra_00 »

i'm having exactly the same problem, i've tried everything in this thread and mozilla still doesn't work...:( please help me if you can, I hate using IE
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

alessandra_00

Post by alessandra_00 »

thank you, but i i've looked and there isn't a gre folder there...:( i'm sooo stuck with this
TheAZN303

Post by TheAZN303 »

Deleting the common files\mozilla.org\gre is wut i meant by deleting common files\mozilla...
I STILL NEED HELP!!!!1
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

. Backup your profile
. Uninstall Mozilla
. Delete the software folder
. Delete the GRE folder
. Export your registry
. Clear ou any references to Mozilla in your registry
. Reboot
. Reinstall
Alessandra_00

Post by Alessandra_00 »

Mikael you are my star! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!! :) :) it is all working again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :):) thank you!!

-----------

Love and Hugs,

Aless.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Most welcome.