rediffmail account

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
yvharanath

rediffmail account

Post by yvharanath »

How to use rediffmail account in thunderbird with out buying pop account.

Pop peeper can connect to rediffmail account. can we do in thunderbird ?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_webmail ... ail_client

Pop peeper should work with Thunderbird though I haven't read about anybody using it for a long time. If it doesn't, check if FreePops supports that domain.
yvharanath

Post by yvharanath »

I am able to use pop peer for retrieving rediffmail inbox but i an unable to use poppeeper with thunderbird
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't understand the contradiction of your being able to retrieve the inbox with PopPeeper yet not being able to get it to work. Is the problem you can't get it to send a message using PopPeeper?
yvharanath

Post by yvharanath »

POP PEEPER IS AN ANOTHER EMAIL CLIENT LIKE thunderbird where we can retrieve inbox from yahoo,gmail,rediffmail. I am able to login to rediff account using pop peeper web email client.

I am unable to use rediffmail account in thunderbird.

Thats my problem
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Its like MailWasher, you can use it as a email client but its really meant to be a proxy for a email client. I suspect you just need to configure the POP account in Thunderbird to use localhost (or 127.0.0.1) as the mail server so that it fetches the messages from PopPeeper, which emulates a POP3 server.

http://www.poppeeper.com/Help/starting- ... ccount.php
bkennelly

Post by bkennelly »

That will not work, tanstaafl.

From their FAQ:
POP Peeper does not currently provide a means to transfer your email from POP Peeper to your email client. You can save messages in the standard .eml format by selecting "view source" under the "File" menu when viewing a message (save the file with a .eml extension). Most email clients will let you open this type of file, and some may let you transfer it into the client.

It might be possible to do something with Freepops, but they don't list rediffmail as a supported domain.
http://www.freepops.org
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You're right, my mistake. I wonder why we have it listed in the webmail article if it won't work with a email client. Did earlier versions work with email clients and they removed that capability?
yvharanath

Post by yvharanath »

so u all conclude we can't use rediffmail in thunderbird.........

If poppeeper does that work,why cant thunderbird ?
bkennelly

Post by bkennelly »

Thunderbird can only retrieve mail from POP3 or IMAP4 servers.

What you need is a program that can retrieve mail from rediffmail, like Pop Peeper, and operate as a POP3 server, to make them available to Thunderbird.
yvharanath

Post by yvharanath »

ok i got it..........

then sophisticated web email client like thunderbird should add some new features like above....