Go Daddy Email won't work with Mozilla Firefox!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
KaritaHummer

Go Daddy Email won't work with Mozilla Firefox!

Post by KaritaHummer »

My Go Daddy Email account, [E-mail address removed. --RAF] won't work with Mozilla Firefox!

And it is driving me crazy! I can get the mail, but I can not reply nor find a way to compose new Email nor forward mail nor send anything. Help, because I get a lot Email through my GoDaddy account, [E-mail address removed. --RAF] (a GoDaddy account) and it would throw a lot of mail off track. Otherwise, I prefer Mozilla to Netscape or Internet Explorer at this point.

Help!

Karita Hummer
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

You just submitted your email address to spambots that cruise public forums!

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
flanagan

Post by flanagan »

General rules of thumb with web-based email is that you need cookies and javascript fully enabled. Web mail providers, in general, also have a spotty history of testing their web pages only under IE. Their tech support may even tell you that they don't support other browsers. You can check their pages for W3C compliance at http://validator.w3.org/ and check for javascript page errors under Tools > Error Console. Then talk to GoDaddy tech support.

Edit: Also, if you look at the FAQ's at http://help.godaddy.com/article_list.php?topic_id=170 you will see that popups must be fully allowed for many of GoDaddy's web-based email functions to work correctly.
KaritaHummer

Post by KaritaHummer »

Thank you, Flanagan, who hails from my native State of Pennsylvania (I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA) Anyway, I tried to get some help from Validator, but it kept rejecting me. How do I find out if cookies and javascript are full enabled?

Thank you for your help.

Karita Hummer
San Jose, CA
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

How do I find out if cookies and javascript are full enabled?

Check Tools -> Options -> Content -> Enable JavaScript and Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds
KaritaHummer

Post by KaritaHummer »

How can this help me get my GoDaddy Email account to work with Mozilla Firefox, which I think is superior, but which I can't use with my GoDaddy account, Karita ** e-mail address removed by moderator **
Still can't get it to work, Drats!

Thanks,

Karita Hummer
steviex

Post by steviex »

the-edmeister wrote:You just submitted your email address to spambots that cruise public forums!

Ed

Again !!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
doccobell

Post by doccobell »

flanagan wrote:General rules of thumb with web-based email is that you need cookies and javascript fully enabled. Web mail providers, in general, also have a spotty history of testing their web pages only under IE. Their tech support may even tell you that they don't support other browsers. You can check their pages for W3C compliance at http://validator.w3.org/ and check for javascript page errors under Tools > Error Console. Then talk to GoDaddy tech support.

Edit: Also, if you look at the FAQ's at http://help.godaddy.com/article_list.php?topic_id=170 you will see that popups must be fully allowed for many of GoDaddy's web-based email functions to work correctly.

The answer to the problem is the need for cookies, if you take a short look at the current posts you will find numerous complaints that cookies are not working after the update to 2.0.0.2. It is not a firewall issue or a Windows security setting either, it is Firefox 2.0.0.2!
If you restore the previous version of Firefox all will be fine with the world....
=-DOCCOBELL-=
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

KaritaHummer,

Please stop posting your email address in a public forum. Spam bots can get it and we don't provide email support.

I removed it to protect you, and another Mod (RAF) removed the email the first time you did it.

If you find it relevant to post your email address, do it in a disguised form like somebodyatsomebody.net
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
socalkc

MOzilla & go daddy

Post by socalkc »

I recently updated windows XP and now I cannot login to my godaddy business e-mail account.

my cookies have been cleared
java is enabled
pop ups are allowed for that site
works with IE
I am using Mozilla 2.0.0.7

what now? I would appreciate any help. I have searched the forums and nothing I find is helping me.

should I post my e-mail address??? Muahhhhh! JUST kidding!

KC
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Most webmail systems require JavaScript to be enabled, not Java.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
socalkc

Mozilla & go daddy

Post by socalkc »

Javascript has been enabled also.
socalkc

Mozilla & go daddy

Post by socalkc »

Let me first say, I know enough to be dangerous, so go easy on me.

I am now thinking this is some kind of java problem. I am having problems with another daily visited site. I go to the java console and there are "word wrap" errors for both sites and some other errors.

what the heck is a word wrap error? I just know nothing about java other than I need it sometimes. Does it have a "cache" that also needs to be cleared?

I wish I had never loaded my windows updates, everything seems hosed up ever since. help meeeeeee.

kc
p.s. should I take this discussion to another thread?
socalkc

Mozilla & go daddy

Post by socalkc »

Let me first say, I know enough to be dangerous, so go easy on me.

I am now thinking this is some kind of java problem. I am having problems with another daily visited site. I go to the java console and there are "word wrap" errors for both sites and some other errors.

what the heck is a word wrap error? I just know nothing about java other than I need it sometimes. Does it have a "cache" that also needs to be cleared?

I wish I had never loaded my windows updates, everything seems hosed up ever since. help meeeeeee.

kc
p.s. should I take this discussion to another thread?
Yasser

Re: Go Daddy Email SUCKS

Post by Yasser »

GoDady's web-based email system sucks because it has lots of usability issues, including not allowing the user to set a default font when writing an email. I always have to change their default Verdana font manually EVERY TIME I write an email. Also, if you write an email in a font, then you try to change to another font, good luck making such a change. I often find my emails sent with different fonts which is embarrassing.

I am considering switching web hosts to Yahoo who has great web-based email system with lots of flexibility and storage. :mrgreen: