Transformers Theme Development

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Lost User 284036

Transformers Theme Development

Post by Lost User 284036 »

After seeing the new Transformers movie I decided to make a theme for it. I am approaching the final stages of development and wanted to see what others thought of it.

Download from here: <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/hfp7fcagoh">Transformers Theme</a> , open your Add-in Manager, and drag it into it to install.

There are four skins in this theme:
<strong>Default Theme -</strong> Red Autobot insignia and Optimus Prime pictures.

Change to the following themes by adding the one of the lines below to your profile's userChrome.css file (without the single quotes):
<strong>Metal Movie Autobot insignia -</strong> '@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/autobot/subskin_metal.css");'

<strong>Purple Decepticon insignia and Megatron pictures -</strong> '@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/decepticon/subskin.css");'

<strong>Metal Movie Decepticon insignia -</strong> '@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/decepticon/subskin_metal.css");'

Let me know what you think. I am not sure about the icons.

All Transformer images are from the background downloads on www.transformersmovie.com and www.transformersgame.com
steviex

Post by steviex »

Do make sure you are not violating any copyrights with the images....... I'm sure their lawyers will be watching....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Young Alex!

Post by Young Alex! »

could you post a screenshot i like to now what i am downloading

Best Regards Alex
Lost User 284036

Alex.Hardinge wrote:could you post a screenshot i like to now what i am downloading

Best Regards Alex
I have posted screen shots of each style on the following page.

<a href="http://mphillips80.googlepages.com/home">Transformers Theme Homepage</a>

Take a look.
Young Alex!

Post by Young Alex! »

i like it think im going to download

Best Regards Alex
Lost User 284036

New Version 1.01:
I fixed a few small issues and added support for Thunderbird, Sunbird, and the Lightning Extension for Thunderbird.

<a href="http://www.box.net/shared/71dpnnht3m">Transformers Theme</a>

Let me know if you have any issues and/or suggestions for icons. Right now, I planning on finishing off all major icons just like in the Main Toolbar of Firefox. Maybe set the colors to match the subskin, grayscale, red, and purple.

The subskins work the same way for Thunderbird and Sunbird as they do for Firefox.
Decepticons747

Post by Decepticons747 »

Can anyone help me I'm trying to find a way to install this transformer theme.
(I have a mac)
steviex

Post by steviex »

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Decepticons747

userchrome.css file creating

Post by Decepticons747 »

I have install the theme but i want the metal deception version and im having trouble with the chrome.css can someone show me a step by step on how to create this, i have a mac and im having a little trouble with this.
xengeth

awesome theme ... one question

Post by xengeth »

I have gotten the theme installed, however I was also attempting to change to one of the alternative decepticon themes and I was unable to find my userChrome.css file ... I searched my entire HD for it and came up with a few userchrome-example files ... but I was unable to find one to edit for the Firefox ... any help would be greatly appreciated !!!! Thank you in advance for answering this ignorant question !!!
Greywethr

Re: Transformers Theme Development

Post by Greywethr »

Lost User 284036 wrote:After seeing the new Transformers movie I decided to make a theme for it. I am approaching the final stages of development and wanted to see what others thought of it.

Download from here: <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/hfp7fcagoh">Transformers Theme</a> , open your Add-in Manager, and drag it into it to install.

There are four skins in this theme:
<strong>Default Theme -</strong> Red Autobot insignia and Optimus Prime pictures.

Change to the following themes by adding the one of the lines below to your profile's userChrome.css file (without the single quotes):
<strong>Metal Movie Autobot insignia -</strong> '@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/autobot/subskin_metal.css");'

<strong>Purple Decepticon insignia and Megatron pictures -</strong> '@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/decepticon/subskin.css");'

<strong>Metal Movie Decepticon insignia -</strong> '@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/decepticon/subskin_metal.css");'

Let me know what you think. I am not sure about the icons.

All Transformer images are from the background downloads on www.transformersmovie.com and www.transformersgame.com
I've successfully installed theme & modified it to the Decepticon Metal version. It looks great and I love it! HOWEVER... the text boxes are virtually useless due to the text & background being the same color. Boxes such as search when you hit CTRL+F. I changed colors a few times in Firefox options to no avail. Any help? Please?
dayyans

profiles

Post by dayyans »

I just wanted to help with the userChrome.css issue. I have absolutely no clue how to modify firefox stuff so for a newbie like me the description on how to change the userChrome.css file wasn't very helpful.

But google was.

this is where you can find info on your user profile: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

but thats not all...

I also just added it onto the end of the userChrome.css file, closed Firefox, then reopened again but nothing happened. So I deleted all the info in the userChrome.css file then added the line I wanted

@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/decepticon/subskin_metal.css");

saved as userChrome.css without the -example at the end and viola! it worked

hope it helps.

BTW Absolutely brilliant and beautiful theme, all the other themes I have looked at aren't my style. Too Vista or XP style.

Can I suggest to make your buttons consistent with the transformer logos you lessen the emboss a bit and bring down the fractal noise it seems too deep.

The rest is awesome!!!!
spidey_mx

Post by spidey_mx »

It is a great theme, but it doesn´t work with firefox 3, someone can help me?
thank´s a lot...
ZeFrank

Post by ZeFrank »

This Needs to be compatible with the newest FireFox 3.0.12. please
SK.

Post by SK. »

Please don't bump year-old threads. Locking..
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13