[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
funTomas

Post by funTomas »

TEA-Time wrote:Gmail Manager: 0.5.3
Firefox: 2.0.0.8

Uhoh!

Looks like Google's in the process of updating their software and Gmail Manager has stopped working on one of my accounts and simply reports 0 unread messages all the time.

The only visual difference I see so far is with the "More Actions" dropdown. It's now completely flat as opposed to the "bumped up" down arrow on the right side like it's been and still is on my other accounts that Gmail Manager still works with.

If there's anything I can do to help you figure this out, feel free to ask.

..When was it you said the next version will be out again? Soon, I hope! ;-)

Yeah, same here. Using CustomizeGoogle extension, I've also noticed some other changes in the UI, such as hidden ad and hidden Invite Box have appeared again. Also nested labels, implemented via a GM script, appear flat now. But what's most troublesome, the Gmail Manager's stopped working. Any update in the pipe?
rogerke

Post by rogerke »

there's a link at the right upper corner to switch back to the "older version". however, this will only fix those gm scripts & UI extensions. 'fraid gmail manager still not working.
yop

Post by yop »

Is anyone still working on the add-on?
doxadon

Post by doxadon »

OK, well at least I know it's not just me. Seems like it's working (mostly) -- I can still get the list if I hover over the account in the button bar. I still get access if I click it. It's just that SOME of my gmail accounts show zero in the display counter when there are clearly many unread docs there.

UPDATE: I was mistaken. Hovering over the "offending" gmail account button does NOT show the list. Bummer! But why is it inconsistent??? Hmmm... seems that the ones that don't work have a toggle between "older version" and "newer version" at the top right. The ones that work don't have that option displayed at all. Anyone know why some would have this and some not???
Scott Sutherland
http://www.Info-and-Tools.com
"Help for Online Entrepreneurs on a Shoestring Budget." SM
podious

Post by podious »

Just adding myself to the list. Using Firefox 2.0.0.8 and Gmail Manager 0.5.3. I also get the new Contacts section in Gmail. So, did the extension break because of the new Firefox version or the new Gmail update? Seems to me to be the latter.
TEA-Time

Post by TEA-Time »

doxadon wrote:But why is it inconsistent??? Hmmm... seems that the ones that don't work have a toggle between "older version" and "newer version" at the top right. The ones that work don't have that option displayed at all. Anyone know why some would have this and some not???

I'm sure it's because the accounts are spread across MANY servers that they're updating in stages.

podious wrote:So, did the extension break because of the new Firefox version or the new Gmail update? Seems to me to be the latter.

It's definitely not because of the new Firefox. I've had v2.0.0.8 for a while now and my one account didn't break 'til just yesterday.
enbob89

Post by enbob89 »

same problem for me. is anybody going to fix this? is there an alternative extension?
buldir

Post by buldir »

TEA-Time wrote:Gmail Manager: 0.5.3
Firefox: 2.0.0.8

Uhoh!

Looks like Google's in the process of updating their software and Gmail Manager has stopped working on one of my accounts and simply reports 0 unread messages all the time.

The only visual difference I see so far is with the "More Actions" dropdown. It's now completely flat as opposed to the "bumped up" down arrow on the right side like it's been and still is on my other accounts that Gmail Manager still works with.

If there's anything I can do to help you figure this out, feel free to ask.

..When was it you said the next version will be out again? Soon, I hope! ;-)

Yep, GMail has changed. Confirmed...GManager now only shows a new message count with only one of my accounts. The account that has been updated by Google does not show a new message count.
asteve001

Post by asteve001 »

check out this link for some info.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/c ... l-for.html

"One side effect of this change is that if you're using third-party Gmail extensions, they're likely to stop working. We've contacted a number of the developers behind some popular extensions and provided them with an opportunity to create fixes, so check back with them for updates."

Good to know they appreciate these enhancements.
tmlong

Post by tmlong »

Thanks to everyone for notifying me on the Gmail changes. Im currently out of town and will update the extension once I return. Hopefully it's not affecting everyone just yet but ill be sure to have you up and running by next week. Again, I'm sorry but I'm currently on vacation and have no way of updating it until this weekend.

- TL
ghoulardi

Post by ghoulardi »

tmlong wrote:Thanks to everyone for notifying me on the Gmail changes. Im currently out of town and will update the extension once I return. Hopefully it's not affecting everyone just yet but ill be sure to have you up and running by next week. Again, I'm sorry but I'm currently on vacation and have no way of updating it until this weekend.

- TL

You're the man! Google should pay you about a million for all you have done. Hell, if it wasn't for this extension I would not use Gmail like I do and I use it alot! So imagine all the users of your extension who are making Google big money!

Thanks man!!!
Leland

Post by Leland »

tmlong wrote:Thanks to everyone for notifying me on the Gmail changes. Im currently out of town and will update the extension once I return. Hopefully it's not affecting everyone just yet but ill be sure to have you up and running by next week. Again, I'm sorry but I'm currently on vacation and have no way of updating it until this weekend.

- TL

Thanks for this quick update. Came over here to see if there was an update for gmail "2.0" and see there's already a status. Fantastic add-on.
Guinness for strength!
PMDv1

Post by PMDv1 »

I've posted a quick hack which has allowed me to get Gmail Manager working over at the discussion page at the Mozilla Addons site:

PMDv1 wrote:I've created a quick little patch for the new version of Gmail which has been mentioned in a few other discussions. Basically the patch refers Gmail Manager to the old version of Gmail, so the patch won't last forever... however, it'll do until a new Gmail Manager version is released.

http://aphonyaffair.com/gmail_manager-0 ... +ns+zm.xpi

Or, if you want to apply the patch yourself;
find your profile folder
browse to the extensions directory
open the folder named {582195F5-92E7-40a0-A127-DB71295901D7}
open the components folder
Open "gmServiceGmail.js" in your favorite text editor (notepad)
Use the find feature to the following text: "?search=inbox&view=tl&start=0&init=1" (without the quotes)
Append "&ui=1" to that text (again, without the quotes)
Save the file, and then restart Firefox! It should now show your unread messages!

Hopefully, that should tide everyone over until tmlong is able to update the extension so suit the new changes. Also, thanks for the great extension, tmlong - it's absolute essential!
RAMWolff

Post by RAMWolff »

Hiya,

I LOVE your Manager but all of a sudden the auto checker is not checking two of my 4 accounts that have set up with it. So when I get notifications they are showing "0" new messages. This is a new thing that's begun happening. I've double checked my settings for each account and both are set as they were before. My first account (my main account) is not even as busy as my "Arts" account that's designated for the many art forums I belong to and I was relying on the notifications to let me know as I was working if there were any new messages. Now I gotta just remember to log on on my own. I got frustrated at one point and installed the GMail Notifier... same issue. So my question is "Is this some new security thing with Firefox or with GMail or is this a bug of some sort?"

Thanks and it's nice to know your not going to stop developing this wonderful Add on!!

All the best

Richard ;-)~
---Wolff On The Prowl---
muzicabuna

-:(((

Post by muzicabuna »

I use Firefox 2.0.0.8 and Gmail manager 0.5.3 OS Windows XP PRO SP2
Two days ago Gmail Manager has stopped working on all of my accounts and simply reports 0 (zero) unread messages all the time. What can I do to fix it ? I've tried reinstaling the extension, erasing all data from the Firefox directory, and nothing :( !