Yikes! HTML/HTM icon won't change from IE to Firefox logo

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
visions32

Yikes! HTML/HTM icon won't change from IE to Firefox logo

Post by visions32 »

Hi,

I installed royale noir for my xp theme, not sure if it was that but the firefox graphic for html/htm files changed to IE. At this point my question is where can I change that exact graphic file? It seems it won't use the firefox graphic.

I even used the utility Total Control, swapped it out and it shows the Firefox logo there but when I go to IE to view local files it still shows the IE logo. Firefox is set as my default browser, I'm running the latest version as well.

here's a snapshot to help out: http://www.mediafire.com/?9geltrydtys

thanks
visions32

Post by visions32 »

I also uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it and set it again as my default browser.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
visions32

Post by visions32 »

Hi steviex,

I should have mentioned I tried that before, I believe I did it properly--here's the snapshot http://www.mediafire.com/?bhdtgg0gdgj
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

1. Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> File Types
2. Click on the extension you wish to modify
3. Click on Change... to choose the program that file will open with
4. Click on Advanced then Change Icon... to choose the icon that will display for that file type.

Item #4 can cause a problem if you choose the "wrong" icon, and if you have Firefox set to check whether it is the default browser. If you do not choose the second icon embedded in Firefox to represent .html files, Firefox will complain that it is not the default. That seems totally ridiculous to me, but that is what will happen.
visions32

Post by visions32 »

haven't had firefox complain, i wish there were a way to uninstall/reinstall IE7, maybe that would fix it? as shown in the screen shots it's reading firefox everywhere except the actual icon. when i click the ie logo it opens firefox, even when i swap the image for IE to firefox it does nothing.

could this have been because I changed something in windows/resources/themes ?
visions32

Post by visions32 »

well i guess i'm stuck then, thanks anyways
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

visions32

Post by visions32 »

dickvl you rock! Followed that tread and it worked, you made my day.
visions32

Post by visions32 »

thread*
FatJohn

Post by FatJohn »

(as a registered user you can edit your posts. the button is in the lower right corner of your posts)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You're welcome.