Firefox keeps prompting for proxy authentication

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Sam_rathna

Firefox keeps prompting for proxy authentication

Post by Sam_rathna »

Hi,

I've been using Firefox ever since it came out and prefer it over any other browser. I have been at a client site for the last 6 months and I've been having issues using Firefox since this network makes it necessary for me to use a proxy server. I have configured FF to connect through the proxy server and have saved my authentication using "Use password manager to remember this password" as well.

Here's my problem, a dialog keeps on asking for my proxy server password every few seconds. Sometimes I can escape by closing the dialog box but I can hardly work on FF at all since this keeps popping up (happening as I type this post as well, so half of my keystrokes end up in the password dialog box!!) The worst part of the issue is since my isa proxy password is the same as my network domain userid/pwd, when I enter it for more than 3-4 times, my domain account gets locked.

I am using IE 6 because of this and it remembers the password fine, and doesn't keep on popping up the dialog. I am currently using FF 2.0.0.10. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'd really dislike giving up FF.

Thanks in advance.